Producer commission on the billing screen

Started by Lori Bennett, March 29, 2011, 10:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lori Bennett

Currently we have either the account mananger or their assistant entering the producer commission on the billing screen.  Each producer (who could also be an account manager) could have different commission agreements.  The way we have it set up, the account manager can see the other account managers and/or producers commission.  I know we can remove the ability to see the commissions on the billing screens.

Does anyone else have the accounting dept enter this information in the billing screen?  And if so, how does that work?

Thanks!

Steven Strauss

Our accounting department handles all producer commission components in TAM.
Steven Strauss - CFO
NIP Group, Inc.  Woodbridge, NJ
Epic 2022 R2
CSR24, Salesforce, Cognos Finance, TM1

DebAmstutz

I would recommend the accounting department handle this as it will be more accurate and nobody actually working on those accounts needs to see the producer commission info.
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Lori Bennett

How does the accounting department know that there has been a new billing screen added?  What's the procedure for letting them know?

Lance Bateman

1.  When new screen created, the CSR is to enter the producer commission percent here, using the tables we have set up in the Producer files for commission defaults.
2.  Accounting handles all recording of direct bill commissions, and has the ability to correct anything that is incorrect in the commission setup.
3.  Here, the CSR invoices agency bill.  At a prior agency, accounting invoiced agency bill.
4.  Ops Mgr (guess who?) reviews all transactions done daily.

Bottom line - you can set up commission defaults, but all entries should be reviewed daily, I feel.

Also - I run a "Book of Business" report each week to look for all billing screens created that week (using "first written date" - they never seem to touch that one), and review for accuracy, then email responsible person for corrections.