EMATCH32.EXE

Started by Bloody Jack Kidd, March 25, 2011, 11:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloody Jack Kidd

This executable is becoming a superstar of the event logs - application hangs like the dickens.  My guess is that this is an Email Attaching application and I have heard some users complaining about issues with said process.

We are on TAM 10.7 - but the version info of this file is 9.00.

Anyone having similar experiences.  I really have a disdain for red X's in my event logs and far too many are TAM apps (clntfile, homebase, and this one...)
Sysadmin - Parallel42

Jeff Golas

Heh you want some red X's trying running a BES server...those red X's just let you know it's working! :-)
Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com

Andrew Carrick

Arevyou sure it's not the emails they are trying to attach? We get that problem if Subject line is too long (>128 characters) or attached files are unknown file types.
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Bloody Jack Kidd

Quote from: Jeff Golas on March 25, 2011, 11:21:51 AM
Heh you want some red X's trying running a BES server...those red X's just let you know it's working! :-)

We do run a BES server - but after reading your post, I'm glad I don't admin that thing!
Sysadmin - Parallel42

Jeff Zylstra

I've heard of some issues in attaching E-mails when you do the "drag and drop" thing in 10.7, but not so much when you go through the menu system to attach the E-mails.  Could be wrong on that, but it's worth a try to see if the drag and drop functionality is the culprit or not.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Jim Jensen

It's an internet dating program and it REALLY wants to you go out with this gal.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Andrew Carrick

Groan! - One for Dana.
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Jim Jensen

FWIW I'm on 10.7 and am not seeing this issue, at least not that I'm aware of. I checked the server's event log and my workstation and don't see any relevant to the ematch32.exe file.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Bloody Jack Kidd

can you tell me what the version of your ematch32.exe is?
Sysadmin - Parallel42

Jim Jensen

Quote from: Rick Chisholm on March 29, 2011, 09:22:13 AM
can you tell me what the version of your ematch32.exe is?

9.0.0.9 or in the more detailed Product version field, 9.00.0009. Filedate is 8/6/09.
Jim Jensen
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Andrew Carrick

We have 9.0.0.7 dated 3/3/2008 if that helps as a comparison.
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Bloody Jack Kidd

Sysadmin - Parallel42

Alice

Rick - we're on v10.7 and the info is the same as what Jim posted