WINTAM Backup Files (Specifics)

Started by Earl Kelly, October 30, 2009, 01:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl Kelly

Ok, we are all trying to reduce cost and make cuts anywhere we can.   One way I have been trying to reduce this is to limit the amount of data I backup nightly.   Currently for Applied I backup my entire G drive (or the applied share on the file server).  My question is, does anyone know or is there a listing of just exactly what files are needed in WINTAM.  Obviously i would only like to back up the user data, dbf files etc, and leave the rest of the "Junk".    I guess what i am looking for is, if I was to lose my entire server tommorrow what files would I need to restore after I reinstalled the software?
Earl Kelly, MCP
EK3 Technologies
http://www.ek3tech.com
earl.kelly@ek3tech.com

Jim Jensen

There's data and databases scattered everywhere - apps, attach, doc, eim, tam, tam_exe, wintam and possibly others. It's actually easier to reinstall with the entire data set though - you can "install" TAM on the windows simply by copying everything to the server. There's only a couple of pieces that need an install process and those are from the workstation. So you may save some $$ on the data storage costs, but it may be a longer reinstall.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis