Company Addresses

Started by Alice, February 10, 2011, 11:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

Has anyone entered a PMR to be able to add more columns to the company address screen under the company list? This is the one where, while on the Company List screen, you right click and select Company Address. For me it would be easier than trying to squish everything where it doesn't belong just so I can see stuff without opening the detail.
I'll submit one if no one else has.

Judy Means

Yes!  I agree.  And I'd love to see alternate addresses in vendors too.  It comes up often enough that I could use it.

Judy

Judy Means
West Texas Insurance Exchange, Inc.
Odessa, Texas
TAM8.5 and other goodies

Alice

Judy 2nd the motion so I will submit.
I'll put in the request about the Vendors alternate addresses. If they separate it out and assign a different PMR because it's a different area from my request, I'll let you know what the PMR is (will let you know PMR either way)

Henry Bender

Company Payable reconcilliation could be improved as well. It has a great feature in that there are sortible columns in the "Flag Individual Items" screen, but you can't add any columns like you can in the "Clients and Files" It would be a big improvement to see and sort by: the A/R Bal, policy number, Effective date, accounting month, and any other information that you can now only view by individual item.

Likewise, wouldn't it be fantastic if you had sortable colums in the all of the "Clients and Files" screens. You could instantly search for important data that is missing or difficult to find, analyze data more easily, print details of transactions in policy order, and many other benefits.

I have almost given up on PMR's, and I have given up on the ASCNET users group. They would often ask for ideas, and people would post many ideas, but they don't seem to have much influence in getting many changes.

Maybe we need to hire a good lobbyist to get some changes. It seems to work in our government. Sometimes it's just a matter of getting to the right person who understands the importance of their system to their users, or maybe take them to dinner, or give them a trip.

Many have asked for Producer Payables, which is just as important to our business as Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable, and could be handled in the same manner as Company Payables. We're still waiting!

PS We could also use a "Partial" policy number search, at least on the "Search Clients by policy Number" function. Anyone who has used the AMS System, or who has been doing accounting for many years, can attest to the value of a partial policy number search. A search engine similar to what is available in Outlook would be a real dream in some situations.

Lance Bateman

After two years in Vision, where you CAN sort by column headings, I had just assumed you could do that in TAM.

Boo-hoo-hoo - not done.

Hans Manhave

Allowing the sale of third party add-on products would immediately solve a lot of these problems. 

There is knowledge out there that will let one fulfill these needs in months instead of years.

I don't see how it would hurt ASI.  It is not done now, they are not going to do it, it supports their system.  I'm lost in my myopic view of these things.

I recall some discussion of an open source agency management system, plug-ins etc.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Coral

Quote from: Alice on February 10, 2011, 11:32:51 AM
Has anyone entered a PMR to be able to add more columns to the company address screen under the company list? This is the one where, while on the Company List screen, you right click and select Company Address. For me it would be easier than trying to squish everything where it doesn't belong just so I can see stuff without opening the detail.

Did you try using contacts? We stopped using company addresses and started using contacts.
Coral Benton
Epic Online

Judy Means

"Maybe we need to hire a good lobbyist to get some changes."

I thought that's what the user group higher ups were "supposed" to do.  ;) 

Judy
Judy Means
West Texas Insurance Exchange, Inc.
Odessa, Texas
TAM8.5 and other goodies

Alice

Quote from: Coral on February 14, 2011, 09:20:47 AM
Quote from: Alice on February 10, 2011, 11:32:51 AM

Did you try using contacts? We stopped using company addresses and started using contacts.
For download?

Ian Blundell

Quote from: Henry Bender on February 11, 2011, 07:11:47 PM
PS We could also use a "Partial" policy number search, at least on the "Search Clients by policy Number" function. Anyone who has used the AMS System, or who has been doing accounting for many years, can attest to the value of a partial policy number search. A search engine similar to what is available in Outlook would be a real dream in some situations.

Henry - I needed to do this just today.  It isn't built into TAM but you can do it in Reports by either a Search on policies current and use Extra Criteria "string"$Policy.pol or a search on Policies - History (which is where I found what I was looking for) with Extra Criteria "string"$Polhist.pol
Just replace string with your partial policy# but be sure to enclose it in double quotes and add the $ sign before the field name.
Ian Blundell
BHB Insurance
35 users, TAM 10.7, Fax@vantage 7.2

Henry Bender

Thanks for the info. I'm sure will be usefull to me at some point in the future.

This brings up another thought about searching clients by policy number. We could use an option to Search in History (with partial number capability).

Maybe another policy number search function could be set up, similar to the name search, which has multiple options, and does string searches.

I requested a PMR for such a screen. If you agree that this would be of use to your agency, please let Applied know. Maybe if they get enough "Votes", they would do it.

I wish that Applied would give their users (or voluntary committees of users) a look at the PMR's, and give us a chance to vote, or comment on them. It's much easier for those who are using the system, to understand and evaluate many the PMR's.