Add Company with address in Canada

Started by Matthew Udovich, January 06, 2011, 12:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew Udovich

Hello everyone, and Happy New Year, BTW.

Is there some switch we need to flip in order to add a Canadian address to the newly created company in TAM? Or have I totally lost it??

Thanks for the help :-)

Jim Jensen

I don't think so. I think that's why they have the Canadian version. I think you have to figure out how to cram the address in a US-based database. We had a client move to Canada, but still owned property here in Indiana and we had to find an creative way to insert the address -  we put the city, province and "canada" all into the city field: "Garden Bay BC Canada", then we were able to put the postal code in the zip code field, even though it had letters.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Matthew Udovich

Thanks Jim, I couldn't get around the ZIP code, I forgot it was 1811, I must have been daydreaming that I was in the 21st century. >:(

brinkerdana

Quote from: Matthew Udovich on January 06, 2011, 12:59:28 PM
Hello everyone, and Happy New Year, BTW.

Is there some switch we need to flip in order to add a Canadian address to the newly created company in TAM? Or have I totally lost it??

Thanks for the help :-)

In Utilities, there's a place (can't remember now) where you could add states codes.  I had a UK account location so added UK as a "state".  TAM still didn't like the postal code so I put that in after the city. 
Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired

Ray Alvarez

We added all the Canadian provinces as States so that it wouldn't reject them.
Ray Alvarez, AAI, AIS
Petschauer Insurance Agency
New York City
TAM 2014;
Exchange; Win2003 Server; 15 Users
Upload, Download/TS/CL/PL

Ian Blundell

Add them in Utilities - General - Field Defaults - Define States
Ian Blundell
BHB Insurance
35 users, TAM 10.7, Fax@vantage 7.2

Coral

Epic has the provinces built into it. And the ability to flip countries and use a Canadian address,
Coral Benton
Epic Online

Jim Jensen

Quote from: Coral on January 07, 2011, 12:52:21 PM
Epic has the provinces built into it. And the ability to flip countries and use a Canadian address,
Oh sure, always respond with "Epic does that".  ;)
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Coral

"Epic does that".

We heard that alot at Tencon.
Coral Benton
Epic Online

brinkerdana

Quote from: Ian Blundell on January 07, 2011, 12:16:50 PM
Add them in Utilities - General - Field Defaults - Define States

Thanks for being my memory, Ian!
Dana Brinkerhoff