Applied List of supported printers

Started by Alice, December 10, 2010, 12:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

Happy Friday!!

I'm trying to find a list of supported printers at Applied's site and every where I go it says to contact support to see if your printer is supported.
Applied Systems recommends a business class laser printer. Printers must have a minimum of 8MB of memory to print all forms, reports, etc., within TAM. Applied Systems does not recommend using desktop printers for printing ACORD forms, as desktop printers cannot handle the font requirements of the ACORD forms. If you have concerns regarding manufactures or models of printers you are considering purchasing, contact the Systems Support group at Applied Systems.

What happened to the list they used to have? Insurance has a few old HP laserjets and I need to see if they are on the list - have user receiving errors when printing Home app - auto app prints okay.

brinkerdana

Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired

Alice

Dana - you thinking of scanners? or maybe combo printer/scanner?

Oh yeah...how about the settings? Like PS or something like that? Printer is an HP LJ 4000.

It's happening with a laptop the agent uses on the road that's having a problem when she comes in and hooks up to the network. Home App only, Auto prints fine.

Here's the error in case I'm barking up the wring tree.

EXCEPTION DETAIL REPORT

Title      : Application Printing Error
Error Text : AppliedSystems.TAM.Client.ApplPrintingUI.Main.Main Error - An error occurred printing applications!

Process          : C:\WINTAM\AppliedSystems.TAM.Client.ApplPrintingUI.EXE 1.0.0.0
ASTamSvr Version : 10.4.0.6
Computer Name    : METAFRAME3
User Name        : bdorsett
Time/Date        : 13:35:44 12/02/2010
Operating System : Windows 2003 Server Build 3790 Service Pack 2 TS
CPU              : Intel FUTURE Lev[15] Rev[408] Num[8]
Physical Memory  : 41% free of 4128028 KB
Paging File      : 72% free of 10149844 KB

Sequence of Preceding Exceptions

Source : AppliedSystems.Common.Print
  Number :   2147746792 (Decimal)   800403E8 (Hex)
  Desc   : An invalid printer was selected - \\insurance\ins_CSSR1

Desc   : An error occurred selecting a printer!

Source : AppliedSystems.TAM.Common.PrintEngine
  Desc   : An error occurred printing the other endorsements overflow!

Desc   : An error occurred printing a Homeowners application!

Desc   : An error occurred printing a line of business!

Source : AppliedSystems.TAM.Client.ApplPrintingUI.Main.PrintApplication
  Desc   : An error occurred printing applications!

Source : AppliedSystems.TAM.Client.ApplPrintingUI.Main.DisplayUI

Source : AppliedSystems.TAM.Client.ApplPrintingUI.Main.DisplayUI

Source : AppliedSystems.TAM.Client.ApplPrintingUI

GeorgeW

Is  \\insurance\ins_CSSR1 a valid printer?  The only time I've seen this error is when there is an old printer installed that doesn't exist on our network any longer. Just delete the printer and all is well.

Quote from: Alice on December 10, 2010, 02:48:20 PM

EXCEPTION DETAIL REPORT

Title      : Application Printing Error
Error Text : AppliedSystems.TAM.Client.ApplPrintingUI.Main.Main Error - An error occurred printing applications!

Process          : C:\WINTAM\AppliedSystems.TAM.Client.ApplPrintingUI.EXE 1.0.0.0
ASTamSvr Version : 10.4.0.6
Computer Name    : METAFRAME3
User Name        : bdorsett
Time/Date        : 13:35:44 12/02/2010
Operating System : Windows 2003 Server Build 3790 Service Pack 2 TS
CPU              : Intel FUTURE Lev[15] Rev[408] Num[8]
Physical Memory  : 41% free of 4128028 KB
Paging File      : 72% free of 10149844 KB

Sequence of Preceding Exceptions

Desc   : An invalid printer was selected - \\insurance\ins_CSSR1

George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Alice

Yes, it's real. I was not able to recreate the error from my computer to that printer, and when I was logged in to Metafame like she was. Me thinks it's the laptop she be using. She won't be in the office until next week so someone else can look at it then.

Jim Jensen

Problems with form printing often is related to the drivers. I've always had to use PCL5 drivers on the HP printers. I currently use a PS3 driver on my Dell printer, but I don't know how those related to the PCL drivers.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Alice

Thanks Jim.  I couldn't remember the letters PCL. I'll pass this along to the person who will be looking at the laptop since I'm in a class most of the week.
Another thing I was thinking about is they put a few accounting apps and accounting users on the metaframe server the insurance users use, and quite a few have their own printers hooked up to their computers. Since these printers autocreate at login, I'm wondering if some drivers are loading that are not compatible. We had this same problem before with another department, and Applied wanted to separate the insurance users and the others by forcing them to login to the different metaframe servers. We have two metaframe servers so we split them out so insurance users were the only ones logged in to, say, metaframe2. Now that we have others logging into that server with different printers again, I'm thinking the problem may be back. Just one more thing to consider.
And the odd thing is, it is affecting only the home app, no other forms, both times this happened.

Jim Jensen

The answer to your original question is that Applied has no list of "supported printers" at all anymore. They're response to me when I asked about it the other day was that they simply suggest we arrange a 30-day trial period or return option in order to make sure the printer works ok and be able to return it if it doesn't work well enough with TAM. I admire such exhaustive effort on their part.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Alice

So we are doing what should be their job and our support fees increase. The math just doesn't work...in my mind anyway.