Where are form letters done on a customer stored now?

Started by Lance Bateman, December 09, 2010, 04:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance Bateman

Okay, trying to figure out how they are operating here, what they are using.  When I go into the "Docs" folder, and search for the INDVCUST folder to find the letters that have been done - I don't find anything unless I go into the sub-folder there called "Word".  But nothing is showing as done in the past several years.

I just tested one on a customer, did the "Applied/Save and Exit" - and can't find where it was stored.

Where is Applied saving these form letters you have done on a customer now?

(If it makes a difference, the form letter was in a folder named "Josie")

Jan Regnier

Lance - are you asking WHERE to create  a form letter? if yes, it's in UTIL/General/Document Maintenance/Document setup.

If you are asking where the letters are stored when attached to a client - don't know..I never had to look for that info.
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Bob

They are filed under the attach folder on network share, then in sub folder by year, then by date, e.g. 1208 = 12/8.

Just know all documents from that day are filed there.

Lance Bateman

Thanks - and it looks like Applied is now doing something so they aren't accessible directly, but has to be done through the TAM program?  What I was hoping to do was find out what form letters have even been used in the past six months, so I can start a clean up of all the sh*& that has been added over the years by various people.

Quote from: Bob Connor on December 09, 2010, 04:53:21 PM

They are filed under the attach folder on network share, then in sub folder by year, then by date, e.g. 1208 = 12/8.

Just know all documents from that day are filed there.

Andrew Carrick

Yes they are compressed and encrypted but you can turn that off - Homebase, System Setup, Efiling Encryption Off. Not sure what happens since I've never tried it.

You can also do a Search - Attachments to see what has been added but generally the template name is changed so while it's useful for volumes it's not much use to find which templates are being used - see my posting elsewhere on this topic. Hans suggested renaiming the templates and wait and see who screams. And I always thought the Dutch were a peaceful race...  ;D
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Hans Manhave

Quote from: Andrew Carrick on December 10, 2010, 08:05:20 AM
Hans suggested renaiming the templates and wait and see who screams. And I always thought the Dutch were a peaceful race...  ;D

The Dutch are very peaceful.  Especially at soccer matches.  I have never been in noisier places than in Holland.  Anyone who has been there knows how patiently we wait in line till it is our turn.  Right.  I also have some beach front property in Arizona I would like to sell.  We also refrain from making comments about other nations, totally minding our own business.  I remember one specific home where the whole family yelled at each other (peacefully!) while competing with the sound of the tv showing Scooby Doo.  My brain has been forever scared by that experience.  Nice people.  Family of a bank president, wow, the complete opposite of his office, I'm sure.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Jeff Zylstra

Lance, on my system it appears to be G:\DOC\INDVCUST\T or whatever letter the customer number starts with. 
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Lance Bateman

Jeff, they were there in at least versions up through 8.x - but I found them in "Attach" where the others had suggested now, in version 10.4.  In the directory you mentioned (where I had been looking), the only things there are up to about four years ago.

Quote from: Jeff Zylstra on December 10, 2010, 03:24:54 PM
Lance, on my system it appears to be G:\DOC\INDVCUST\T or whatever letter the customer number starts with.