NU Setup & Station Unlock - odd thing happening

Started by Alice, December 07, 2010, 12:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

Now that I think about it, they has someone come in and configure both Metaframe servers. It's was so long ago that I don't even know if they are still under the original service agreement any more.
And I thought of something else regarding the insurance server...don't all servers come with two terminal server licenses?  I know that no more than two people can be logged in to the server at the same time. The message says something like - there are no connections available - or something like that. Or are they not true licenses?

Mark

Quote from: Alice on December 25, 2010, 09:16:15 AM
And I thought of something else regarding the insurance server...don't all servers come with two terminal server licenses?  I know that no more than two people can be logged in to the server at the same time. The message says something like - there are no connections available - or something like that. Or are they not true licenses?

Without terminal services licenses, you get two "administrator" sessions on a terminal server.  To have users connect, you need client licenses.

Now, I think these client licenses used to come with Windows 2000 workstations or something like that, but then XP and Server 2003 changed that and require an additional client license.  It's been so long and that was when I first was learning about licensing so I may not be 100% correct.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Alice

Quote from: Mark on January 05, 2011, 08:56:06 AM
Without terminal services licenses, you get two "administrator" sessions on a terminal server.  To have users connect, you need client licenses.
That's what I'm thinking about.  Thanks Mark