Producer and Company Commission Defaults

Started by Lance Bateman, December 30, 2010, 01:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance Bateman

The current entries on producer and company commission defaults are a mess.  I will be redoing them asap so they don't screw up financials for 2011 if possible.

I don't find a way to delete the individual lines that exist - only to maybe change one to be the same as a prior one, then get "overwrite" request - but then the same thing shows multiple times.

Is there any way to delete lines in this file that already exist?

DebAmstutz

Is it possible this is another security manager issue? 
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Coral

It has got to be security. I tried and can delete mine.
Coral Benton
Epic Online

Lance Bateman

To make sure I have this right - you could delete the commission defaults (found in Options from the Producer)?  I'm not asking about deleting the Producer, just individual commission default lines.

Thanks.

Quote from: Coral on December 30, 2010, 03:33:49 PM
It has got to be security. I tried and can delete mine.

Coral

Yes, just delete the commission defaults. Producer remains there.

In security manager you have the option of granting add, delete, revise and view rights for commission defaults.
Coral Benton
Epic Online

Lance Bateman

Yup, it was the Security Manager issue.  (Gotta get this guy to realize he is going to turn over Admin to me soon).

Jeff Zylstra

You seem to be having quite a few security related issues.  Either this guy doesn't know what he's doing, or he does and he's passive-aggressive. 
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Lance Bateman

Assume the former.  I guess I should be glad there were so many problems here - it's why they tracked me down and hired me, cheap.  My "predessor" - besides some financial finagling, also did things with the system he never should have done - such as deleting codes.  Files were not kept up to date.  Those are just a couple of the things.  Add in, no written procedures, no training...

Well, it's understandable that the person that covered things (treasurere and family member) in the interim had a knee jerk reaction and overdid "security" - ending up with the inability to do many things.

The owner will be having a talk soon - I think they wanted to give the guy some time to "learn me" - including the fact that admin is at least to be shared with me, if not totally turned over.

It is a nice group here, they are looking for operational leadership.  I like my job, just a bit frustrating at times.  But hey, I just spend two years overseeing accounting for insurance operations - at a bank.  Now THAT was frustrating.

brinkerdana

Know a person who was hired to do training and system management, but could never wrestle the security rights she needed. Talk about frustrated!  Hope your situation improves, Lance.
Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired