"yousendit" SaaS for eletronic file delivery to clients/carriers

Started by Lynn Stillings, November 03, 2010, 11:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynn Stillings

We are looking for a better way to provide clients and carriers with files that can't be sent through email, whether due to size or security. We don't want to use FTP for various reasons. We have been looking at web services that provide this functionality. (We use internet mail and do not have an Exchange server.)

"Yousendit" is one service we have been considering. Does anyone else use this? I was wondering what other agencies are using for file transfer tasks that don't go through email.

Thanks for your input.
Lynn Stillings, IT Admin.
Private Cloud/TAM 2015, F@2014 45 Users
Neil-Garing Insurance
Glenwood Springs, CO

Bloody Jack Kidd

Sysadmin - Parallel42

Hans Manhave

I have been using YouSendIt for a couple months.  Appears to work fine.  Integrated with Outlook.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Jim Jensen

I have the pro version of Logmein.com and it includes the ability to share a file from your computer by secure link. I can restrict the availability window (in days) and the number of downloads, then simply email a link to the recipient. I have sent applications to underwriters this way for privacy and it has worked well. It's a side benefit to also having remote printing from my desktop and secure remote file transfer when working at home (or elsewhere).
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Lynn Stillings

Lynn Stillings, IT Admin.
Private Cloud/TAM 2015, F@2014 45 Users
Neil-Garing Insurance
Glenwood Springs, CO