Main Menu

Canon IR C2620

Started by Coral, October 28, 2010, 01:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coral

We have to turn this back into the leasing company. Anyone have any idea on how to pull the hard drive from this? I really don't want to turn this back in without wiping it clean. I don't have a manual and I can't find anything on line.
Coral Benton
Epic Online

Jan Regnier

Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Coral

That was an odd site. I never could get anything to download.
Coral Benton
Epic Online

Jan Regnier

Yes - that was crazy - I didn't try the links before I send the info....still looking.
~~~~~~~~~
I saw an article indicating there was an imbedded program that scrubs information on the harddrive which is used when a machine is returned.  Maybe give the vendor you rent from and see if their rental machines have that feature and if so - if a tech can tell you how to implement that software.

"frequently dialed fax numbers and other stored information are scrubbed by a program embedded in the machine once it is returned, Kerling said."  the article was referencing the ir2620.
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Coral

That's so far the best idea. You would think with all the warnings about scrubbing the hard drives of the copiers before you return them, that this kind of information would be readily availabe on line.

The worst thing about this is that is located in an office we closed, and my boss is going there to meet the people who are picking it up. He wants it cleaned due to HIPAA. I may send him with a screwdriver and a magnet and tell him to give it his best shot.

Honestly, we should just buy copiers. Leasing is such a rip-off.
Coral Benton
Epic Online