What desktop PCs are you buying?

Started by Lance Weaver, October 12, 2010, 07:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gene Foraker

I have a small computer shop (a customer) who custom builds my workstations.   Yes, they cost maybe about $100 more than a discount Dell price, but they have much better quality parts and build.   Generally Intel or Asus mobo, good mem, etc.  They normally last over 5 years with few problems.

My workstation had a bad power supply this summer.  I unhooked it and took it down there at lunch and had it back in 1/2 hour.
Gene Foraker CPCU
Gates-Foraker Insurance Agency
Norton, OH

My posts are a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Judy Means

We have the Optiplex 760's and are very happy with them.  We do dual monitors, and I get the sound bar than hangs beneath a monitor screen for each station.  This time we got the 20" monitors that are oblong.  We've had these in since 12-2009 and all but one were fine.  I had the hard drive crash on one within a week of setting it up.  Dell replaced the part and it has been fine since. 

I got the 760 plus two 20" monitors, one sound bar, and a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard set for around $975 apiece.  I didn't think that was too bad.

Judy
Judy Means
West Texas Insurance Exchange, Inc.
Odessa, Texas
TAM8.5 and other goodies

Lance Weaver

I called Dell back about the AS Discount and the Dell rep that I was working with said that the prices that he was quoting were already significantly lower than anything I could get under the "Applied Systems Discount" pricing program.  I've also had another business here in town, who buys one to two hundred PCs a year, quote Dell PCs for me.  While these prices were cheaper than I could get, and were cheaper than my HP pricing, they were not so cheap as to make me want them.  The bottom line is that I like HP's products and services and I'm buying above the "bargain level" configurations which seems to really raise the price with Dell.  I just ordered another batch of HP's... :)

Lance
Lance Weaver
The Unity Group Insurance
TAM 11.1, Fax@vantage 8.1, eTfile, BenefitPoint - 51 users