Dec Page/Current App query - history recording

Started by Andrew Carrick, October 12, 2010, 09:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Carrick

What do you do if you have more than one change to a data set on one day? TAM prompts "Do you want to overwrite history?" Id' rather have two entries but it looks like I can only have one per day?
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

GeorgeW

It isn't really overwriting anything as far as I know. It simply puts an "*" in the "Replaced" column. That lets you know which one was there first and replaced by another history save on the same date. Both applications are still there in history.
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Andrew Carrick

Thanks for that info. I've just done a test but I still only see one line in History. However on previous days I do see there are "replaced" history lines on the same day. I wonder if it refrehses overnight? Not normally something TAM does though.
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Lance Bateman

The recommended method, so you don't lose anything, is to advance the "good through date" one day.  That has been part of the situation since the beginning, and I don't think it has changed.

GeorgeW

It should be putting the "*" in the replaced column immediately.  I don't see the point of changing the date by one day.
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Andrew Carrick

Done some more tests and you have to say "Yes" to "History record exists, do you want to overwrite?"  to get a separate record, which seems counter-intuitive to me.
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: Andrew Carrick on October 13, 2010, 10:36:33 AM
Done some more tests and you have to say "Yes" to "History record exists, do you want to overwrite?"  to get a separate record, which seems counter-intuitive to me.

Yes, they need different people writing their response prompts for them.  This sounds to be every bit as intuitive as the night time utilities prompts.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop