Deleting a department??

Started by Bob, October 08, 2010, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

I set up some new agencies and branches.   Problem is they copied more departments than needed from Agency 1.

I can't find under utilities, accounting, agency structure setup, where I can delete a department.   I can revise but do not see option to delete.  Each branch now has 4 departments and that is not needed.  It generated those automatically when adding an agency then branches.

Any way to delete the unneeded departments? 

Thanks!  :)

Hans Manhave

Not that I know of.  If one agency has two departments, all agencies have two departments.  But who knows, I could be wrong.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Bob

I'm thinking stuck..  Not sure why they wouldn't allow agents to have different departments in different agencies and branches.   All they did was replicate Agency 1 and now I have 2 additional departments in Agency 2 and all 3 branches I don't need.  Should be a delete button!  Sigh, Applied not thinking..   ::)

Hans Manhave

It makes for an extremely large listing of account numbers when the outside accountant or IRS demand a complete list.  I have agency 1 through L, one branch, but two departments (which I only needed for one agency long ago).  All producers, all companies exist for all.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Lance Bateman

The system does duplicate departments from agency to agency - though you can call them something different in each agency if you want to create a headache.

What you could do with the unused ones is possibly name them "NOT IN USE" on those others.

Bob

Thanks Lance..  Actually what I did but still looks ugly..  :)