Disabling IPv6 in Windows 7 / Vista
- Right click on the network icon and select Open the Network and Sharing Center.
- In the resulting window, select "Change adapter settings".
- In the Network Connections window, select the "Local Area Connection" for the onboard NIC (or whatever it's called), then "Change settings of this connection" or file>properties.
- In the connection property page, uncheck the box for "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)".
- Close all the windows and reboot your system.