Rename query

Started by Andrew Carrick, June 07, 2011, 09:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Carrick

Could somebody remind me please which log file holds previous rename lists? I'm sure there is one somewhere...
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

GeorgeW

Not sure if there is an easier way to get this info, but I go into Utility manager (outside of TAM), into the Rename Program and then click on "options" and "History". You click on a date and it will show you what was renamed.
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Andrew Carrick

Nice one, thanks George.

Must be in some file somewhere though I guess.
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Alice

Andrew - there is a log in the Log folder if you catch it before anyone starts queuing more renames. Once that starts it gets over written. I took a look at the WRENLOG.DBF and it looks weird in that the old code and new code columns are in date (old) and time (new) format. I can mess with it some more to see if I can get it to make sense.

Andrew Carrick

Looks like that is what the Utility is reading, cheers for that Alice. The queued items go into NIGHTREN.QUE in TAM/SAV.

It is satisfying knowing what is where and how they connect (sadness/geek rating 5).
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Alice

There's rename info in the  wiki  ;)

GeorgeW

But those logs you all mention only show "queued" items correct?  I thought the original question was about previous renames?
George Watson
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Alice

After rename processes, the items are listed in the log until someone queues another rename. Then it's overwritten. Trying to find something in the KB.

Lance Bateman

I tried to find same thing, and ended up maintaining an Excel log of what it was, what it was changed to - and since we use etfile, that I'd made the change there also for attachments.

GeorgeW

A helpdesk ticket gets created here (we use Track-It! ) for all renames, so it's very easy for me to search a code and find the changes. Using the view "history" option above can be a pain unless you know the date a code was changed.
George Watson
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Alice

We use Track-It also, but only IT has access and I don't process the renames.  Look at KB39290 and let me know how that's supposed to work. There is no list of Utilities to select from and selecting all does not pull anything regarding renames.
This is getting a bit frustrating since rename data should be stored somewhere for future reference.

GeorgeW

I think the only way is the way I first mentioned above, here is a knowledgebase article I just found:

Is it possible to view a Rename History to find out if a client code was renamed?
Product:  10.8, 10.7, 10.6, 10.5, 10.4, 10.3, 10.2, 10.1, 10.0, 9.4, 9.3, 9.2, 9.1, 9.0, 8.5, 8.4, 8.3, 8.2.0, 8.1, 8.0, 7.6.0, 7.5.0, 7.4.0, 7.3.0, 7.2.0, 7.1.1, 7.1.0, 7.0, 6.30

Solution:

Click Start, Programs, Applied Systems, Rename Customers or go to Start, Run, type X:\WINTAM\WRENCST.EXE and Enter.  

To view a rename history on version 7 and up go to Start, Programs, Applied Systems, Utility Manager, General, Rename Codes, if it shows users are in hit Cancel, then Yes to queue for Night, Options, History, and then click an entry to see what entity was renamed, old code and new code.  

An enhancement request has been submitted to have the Rename History screen updated with a better layout for viewing rename history. If this is important to you, help us prioritize this by submitting an enhancement request at http://www.appliedsystems.com/apps/enhancementrequest/eRequest.aspx (one request per agency). Please reference: PMR#145317.

This has been reported and is in the log.

Found in:

TAM > Using TAM > Utilities / Utility Manager > General > Renames > Questions
Last Revised: May 5, 2009 12:52 PM

KB32626

George Watson
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Alice

Excellent George!  Thank you  :)

Andrew Carrick

Quote from: Alice on June 07, 2011, 12:09:59 PM
There's rename info in the  wiki  ;)
Yeah I think I did most of it....  :o
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Ian Blundell

Andrew
Have you looked at the \TAM\WRENLOG.DBF file?  That appears to be where the History is pulling the records from.
Ian Blundell
BHB Insurance
35 users, TAM 10.7, Fax@vantage 7.2