Carrier Service Centers

Started by Robin Deatherage, May 04, 2011, 12:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robin Deatherage

We are considering placing some of our small commercial accounts in carrier service centers.  A question came up with regard to flagging or marking these clients in TAM.  We want the receptionist and or CSRs to be able to quickly look and tell it's a service center account so they can transfer the call.  I was thinking perhaps one of the user defined fields on the Customer Detail screen.  Anyone else have a better idea or suggestion?

Robin Deatherage, CIC
Chas. Lunsford Sons & Associates | Roanoke, VA
Applied Private Cloud Server; TAM 2014; Fax@vantage v9; Office 2010;
Applied Hosted Exchange; 3 Office Locations

Charlie Charbonneau

Set up a csr code for the service center(s) and then tie the service center csr code to the main account code as csr?   So the recept or csr see upon lookup that the customer belongs to the service center on lookup?  Then you can leave a real csr code on the policies?
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

Robin Deatherage

Oh thats a great idea Charlie. +1 for you.   :)  That had not even crossed my mind.  Thanks a bunch.  So I guess you all are doing this?  Is it working out pretty well?
Robin Deatherage, CIC

Kevin Crow

At the client level, we use the customer code to indicate if all or only some policies are in the service center. We also use the CSR field to indicate if there are policies in the service center. For small commercial, that would be code B8 - some policies in service center or B9 - all policies in service center. The CSR would be either SC - Service Center, or the CSR on the account.

At the policy level, we use the CSR field so the policies in the service center have a CSR of "SC".

We do it this way because the receptionist can see at the Client List whether or not the account has any or all policies in the service center. If it's only select policies, the CSR can ask which policy the client is calling about and check the policy list to see whether to send them to the CSR or the service center.
Kevin Crow
Kapnick Insurance Group
@kevincrow1 on Twitter
www.linkedin.com/pub/kevin-crow/8/8b6/4bb/

Robin Deatherage

Robin Deatherage, CIC

Charlie Charbonneau

We're not using it in that manner exactly.  we have some house accounts Mainly L/H that the CSR's don't touch. Only the Producers.  And we're setting up a LH CSR so that the receptionist will stop sending L/H calls to the CSR's who know nothing about it.  ONly a big issue until the new receptionist catches on to the "-" in the customer code!
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

Debbie Fuson

We used Broker codes in TAM to flag service center accounts.  We weren't using it for anything else, and it's visible from the client list.

Debbie Fuson
Brown & Brown of Tennessee
Vision 6.4 and Inscope

Jan Regnier

You could have a Customer Code for that business - You can insert a column on the Customer list screen for the Customer Code - then the receptionist would not have to look any further than the Customer LIst screen.

Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Andrew Carrick

IMHO and in our experience Customer Codes are one of the least likely to get added or maintained properly by users so I'd suggest staying away from that option unless your users are used to dealing with them. I think it's because they're on the Customer Detail screen and no-one looks at that much apart from getting a phone number etc.
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Jan Regnier

Quote from: Andrew Carrick on May 05, 2011, 05:10:40 AM
IMHO and in our experience Customer Codes are one of the least likely to get added or maintained properly by users so I'd suggest staying away from that option unless your users are used to dealing with them. I think it's because they're on the Customer Detail screen and no-one looks at that much apart from getting a phone number etc.

We rely on Customer Codes for many of our reports (especially at the end of the year) - so we do keep them updated.  Plus it's a way to identify client files that are totally inactive (we call them DF- dead file) so they don't get into any reports.
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio