Main Menu

Recent posts

Helpline / Re: Applied DDos Outage
Last post by Mark - July 21, 2023, 08:22:32 AM
ahh, ok.  I didn't get that email yet.  Thanks!
Last post by Jim Jensen - July 21, 2023, 08:05:29 AM
Quote from: Mark on July 20, 2023, 04:42:10 PM
Where did the DDoS information come from?  Support told me that it was a DNS server issue.  Was DNS DDoS'd?  Was it a cloudflare thing?

email from Applied:
Dear valued customer,

We hope you are having a good day.

On Tuesday, July 18, we experienced an external attack on our networks that temporarily suspended access to your management system from 2:30 p.m. - 3:15 p.m. CT. The DDoS (distributed denial-of-service attack) hit our third-party security provider, Cloudflare, which intentionally interrupted access to supported systems because of an exponential surge of traffic to the security site. This event did not result in any access to our systems or your data – it was strictly designed to limit access to systems to create business disruption.

Our monitoring technology identified the disruption early, and we quickly engaged Cloudflare and reconfigured networks to minimize the duration of the interruption. We are awaiting additional root cause analysis from Cloudflare to ensure that we take the necessary steps to protect against future similar disruptions.

Applied has invested millions in security infrastructure, both third-party and our own internal security applications, to ensure that your business and its data can be secure and protected. Know that this investment kept your business and data safe during this disruption, and we will continue to invest in our infrastructure to ensure the safety and continuity of your business.
We appreciate the opportunity to be your Indispensable Partner in the growth and success of your business. Please reach out to Applied Support with any questions.

Best,
Applied Support

Stay Up to Date with SMS Text Notifications
Applied also strives to proactively notify customers via SMS text and Applied Community alerts, and we hope you found those alerts to be informative yesterday. If you aren't already signed up, you can text JOIN to APPSYS (277-797) to subscribe to SMS text alerts for product updates and Cloud disruptions like the one this week. You can also sign up by accessing your profile on the Applied Community, entering a mobile number, your country, and selecting the SMS Opted In checkbox. You can review this article for more information on Applied Systems Service Alerts.

Last post by Mark - July 20, 2023, 04:42:10 PM
Where did the DDoS information come from?  Support told me that it was a DNS server issue.  Was DNS DDoS'd?  Was it a cloudflare thing?
Helpline / Applied DDos Outage
Last post by Jim Jensen - July 20, 2023, 04:27:40 PM
Interesting to see that Applied suffered a DDoS outage this week. The email doesn't indicate which products were affected. Here's one of the times that I'm glad we're still on LAN Tam instead TOL or EOL. I know it's rare, but general internet outage has always been a concern too for that. Fortunately that is also rare now and we have a cell-based backup to our fiber connect to reduce those odds. Glad to see that, unlike Rackspace email, the outage only lasted about 45 minutes.
Helpline / Re: Need a QuickBooks guru ple...
Last post by Billy Welsh - June 19, 2023, 05:06:37 PM
That is actually why I avoided the on-line version.  I initially looked at it when we were forced to upgrade, because they promised more granular user security (you know like a real application  ::) :o ).  But upon further research, there was I believe more granularity in some/many areas, EXCEPT for the areas I cared most about (Deleting, Voiding, and other such items that send auditors into a total tizzy).  So I stayed with Desktop.  Our main company in now in another (real) application, with another smaller entity the only one left in QB.  We are starting to plan the transition of that entity out of QB now.  It has some special invoicing needs that may slow down the process.  QB can't handle them either, but until know we've been able to work around that.  Circumstances are changing not in our favor, so if we have to solve the problem, we are going to do so in the "real" app.
Last post by DebAmstutz - June 19, 2023, 04:27:16 PM
Thanks for the offer, Billy.  Yes, this is the dreaded online verson of QB.  Someone (not me) entered in a bunch of duplicates or near duplicates that I need to merge or find a way to delete one of the two if there is no activity.  And when I say delete I mean it disappears instead of still seeing the vendor name with (deleted) beside it.
Last post by Billy Welsh - June 15, 2023, 06:36:37 PM
I would NEVER label myself a "guru."  And I am only familiar with the desktop version, so if you are using the cloud/on-line product then I am really not much help.

I have no idea how to merge vendors.  But I am happy to try and help with your other issues if I can.
Helpline / Need a QuickBooks guru please
Last post by DebAmstutz - June 15, 2023, 01:32:47 PM
Is there someone here who can field questions about QuickBooks?  I am sort of getting used to it, but I need to fix some stuff that someone else entered, plus I need to merge some vendors who were entered twice.  I saw it done but that session wasn't recorded so I need to get them repaired.
Helpline / Re: AS Website flakiness
Last post by Mark - May 11, 2023, 11:30:59 AM
Quote from: Jeff Golas on May 11, 2023, 11:21:58 AM
I had an issue getting to the SSO documentation for Epic - asked our rep to just forward me all 4 articles so I could browse them as it was less than a week before our go-live date for it, and her answer was to have me make sure my pop-up browser isn't on. I was overloaded at the moment just needed the !@#$@ information. Support ended up answering the questions and we're now on SSO, but I was so frustrated with that. Finding documentation on that site is confusing and frustrating at best.

I brought up the documentation in our users group meeting last month and talked quite a bit about this.
Helpline / Re: AS Website flakiness
Last post by Jeff Golas - May 11, 2023, 11:21:58 AM
I had an issue getting to the SSO documentation for Epic - asked our rep to just forward me all 4 articles so I could browse them as it was less than a week before our go-live date for it, and her answer was to have me make sure my pop-up browser isn't on. I was overloaded at the moment just needed the !@#$@ information. Support ended up answering the questions and we're now on SSO, but I was so frustrated with that. Finding documentation on that site is confusing and frustrating at best.