Main Menu

Recent posts

Helpline / Re: Whole Life Policies in Epi...
Last post by Mark - September 22, 2022, 11:01:21 AM
Quote from: Alice Mooney on September 22, 2022, 10:54:48 AM
... someone else is worrying about it and now I don't have to.

I think I am in the same boat!  8)
Last post by Alice Mooney - September 22, 2022, 10:54:48 AM
Hi Mark
There is a solution for term life.
We use an SDK for our agents to export to Epic from our membership system to create clients/add sold policies or to add new policies to current clients. What we have is the ability to have the agents select the policy term in months. So for a 30 year term policy, they would type in 360 in the field and when the policy hit Epic, it will have the correct expiration date.
I don't know what they will do about whole life policies. Apparently someone else is worrying about it and now I don't have to. Wish I knew that before I posted here.
Last post by Mark - September 08, 2022, 09:02:45 AM
Hi Alice,

Sorry - one month later!  We stopped selling Life before I even started working here.  I think at one point in TAM we were doing what you mentioned - using a far out expiration date, but I think that got sloppy at some point.  I believe what we do now (and I just ran a book of business to see if I was right) is renew them every year in Epic.  We have probably less than 50 clients/policies though, so if you are an active Life agency, this probably does not help you.
Helpline / Re: Partner Platform Agency Ma...
Last post by DebAmstutz - August 19, 2022, 10:57:04 AM
OOOOO...that's interesting!
Last post by Tom Fisher - August 17, 2022, 11:59:35 AM
...that's certainly not a good sign.
Last post by Sherry Burrell - August 17, 2022, 11:18:03 AM
I also know of an agent in GA with multiple locations that went from AMS to Partner and in less than 2 years has converted to Epic.  I will see him this week at a meeting so I can find out why he jumped ship so quickly.
Last post by Tom Fisher - August 17, 2022, 08:36:57 AM
That type of behavior makes me want to waste a vendors time.  Set up a demo and don't show.  Then do it again.  ;)  and maybe again.
Last post by Sherry Burrell - August 10, 2022, 10:56:32 AM
They won't quit calling or emailing me.  I've told them no interest but it doesn't stop them.
Helpline / Whole Life Policies in Epic
Last post by Alice Mooney - August 09, 2022, 02:51:29 PM
Hi guys
We will start entering Life policies in Epic to attach required documents. Term policies are easy since they actually have term dates. How do you enter whole life policies? Is there a year far off into the future that you use?
There will be no accounting done on these policies, just creating the accounts and adding attachments. I've got the security all figured out for HIPAA and just need to know what you guys use as an expiration year for whole life policies.

Thank you!
Last post by DebAmstutz - June 03, 2022, 09:11:47 AM
Thanks, Tom.  I don't want to deal with a brand-new company.  Longevity means something in today's world.