Main Menu

Recent posts

Helpline / Re: AS Website flakiness
Last post by GeorgeW - May 08, 2023, 09:05:19 AM
I get the message trying to get to release notes and just try two or three times and it opens. Nice! ha
Last post by Mark - May 04, 2023, 04:09:37 PM
Quote from: Jim Jensen on May 04, 2023, 12:34:51 PM
Ha! no. tech's answer pretty much supported not doing anything. I was disappointed though that its known to be flaky and they seem not to be doing anything to fix that. One would think that a software company could at least have a good functioning website.

Even though they are a software company, there is a pretty good chance that they outsource some or all of their website.  They are also for sure using Cloudflare and likely use something like Optimizely, which I'm not very familiar with, but would make sense.  All these things muxed together, I'm not surprised if it's "flaky".  Cloudflare CDN is great and super popular, but things still need to propagate, etc.  So something could be flaky for you ad perfectly fine for me, then works for you later in the day.
Last post by Joshua Conner - May 04, 2023, 01:11:16 PM
I am so tired of the cop-out answer of "Clear your Cache"  we have had lots of carrier site issues and its always them its never a cache problem.   They do realize clearing the cache affects other sites not just theirs.  So that isn't a fix-all solution. 
Last post by Jim Jensen - May 04, 2023, 12:34:51 PM
Ha! no. tech's answer pretty much supported not doing anything. I was disappointed though that its known to be flaky and they seem not to be doing anything to fix that. One would think that a software company could at least have a good functioning website.

Quote from: Mark on May 04, 2023, 11:53:45 AM
Did you try clearing your cache and reopening the browser?  :o

(That's the master fix for Epic Browser)  8)

Last post by Mark - May 04, 2023, 11:53:45 AM
Did you try clearing your cache and reopening the browser?  :o

(That's the master fix for Epic Browser)  8)
Helpline / AS Website flakiness
Last post by Jim Jensen - May 04, 2023, 11:40:13 AM
Performed some TAM upgrades and had trouble with obtaining the documentation in the AS website. When trying to access the Release Notes and Installation docs, I've often had it error out telling me that need to log into the Applied Community to access them, even though I was logged in. Browser flavor didn't matter. Called support and got the simple answer of "yeah, the website is finicky at times." Then it randomly lets me get to them again.
Helpline / Re: Email Attachments
Last post by Karen - January 17, 2023, 04:09:38 PM
Thank you - that is very helpful!!!
Helpline / Re: Email Attachments
Last post by Jim Jensen - January 12, 2023, 09:24:15 AM
Not sure whether this is a "short cut", but if you create an email from within the TAM client, you can attach as many TAM attachments as you need, using the red paper clip. Email it to yourself, then you can save all of the attachments in Outlook to your USB drive.
Helpline / Email Attachments
Last post by Karen - January 11, 2023, 03:57:26 PM
Good afternoon,
I have to extract emails out of TAM and put them on a USB drive.   Is there an easy workaround to be able to do this? 

I did it in the past - but my memory has failed me.   Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

We are on TAM2020.

Thank you
Karen
Hardware / Re: Printer Scanner Copier Als...
Last post by Mark - December 09, 2022, 08:43:00 AM
I have an older Brother laser at home that I've been pretty happy with.  WiFi, scan/copy/print, even has app that works decently.  It's over ten years old and it's usage is likely on par with our individual office use here (kids used to print hundreds of coloring pages!).  I've never replaced the fuser.

Because of this, and the fact that I haven't liked HP printers for quite some time, I sent a similar Brother to our "remote office" in northern Wisconsin years ago and I've never touched it since.  Now, this is just a permanent work from home user, but she still print quite a bit.  She moved there years before covid and that thing is chugging along nicely for her.