Main Menu

Recent posts

Helpline / Re: AS News
Last post by Tom Fisher - October 04, 2022, 10:39:25 AM
With Epic?
Helpline / Re: AS News
Last post by Mark - October 03, 2022, 05:34:54 PM
Yep. Been using MFA for maybe two months now. Using Azure.
Helpline / AS News
Last post by Tom Fisher - October 03, 2022, 04:58:11 PM
The news out of the conference looks interesting for those of us that can't be there.  Especially re SSO/MFA

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/applied-delivers-digital-agency-innovation-153000742.html
Helpline / Activities Questions
Last post by Jeff Zylstra - October 03, 2022, 12:27:46 PM
I have a couple questions regarding Activities in TAM 2021...

There used to be a way to "chain" activities together so that once one activity was closed, it would automatically start a new activity, and this procedure was "repeatable" so you had cascading, never ending activities.  I called Applied and they said this was a "bug" in the program and that it has since been fixed and it doesn't work anymore.  I'm also wondering if this is part of the marketing plan module.  Does anyone remember/know anything about this?

I also seem to remember that you could enter variables in activities like &EFF& and have the effective date automatically pop in.  Anyone know anything about this?  TAM knowledge is becoming harder and harder to come by.  Thanks in advance.
Helpline / Re: Whole Life Policies in Epi...
Last post by Mark - September 22, 2022, 11:01:21 AM
Quote from: Alice Mooney on September 22, 2022, 10:54:48 AM
... someone else is worrying about it and now I don't have to.

I think I am in the same boat!  8)
Last post by Alice Mooney - September 22, 2022, 10:54:48 AM
Hi Mark
There is a solution for term life.
We use an SDK for our agents to export to Epic from our membership system to create clients/add sold policies or to add new policies to current clients. What we have is the ability to have the agents select the policy term in months. So for a 30 year term policy, they would type in 360 in the field and when the policy hit Epic, it will have the correct expiration date.
I don't know what they will do about whole life policies. Apparently someone else is worrying about it and now I don't have to. Wish I knew that before I posted here.
Last post by Mark - September 08, 2022, 09:02:45 AM
Hi Alice,

Sorry - one month later!  We stopped selling Life before I even started working here.  I think at one point in TAM we were doing what you mentioned - using a far out expiration date, but I think that got sloppy at some point.  I believe what we do now (and I just ran a book of business to see if I was right) is renew them every year in Epic.  We have probably less than 50 clients/policies though, so if you are an active Life agency, this probably does not help you.
Helpline / Re: Partner Platform Agency Ma...
Last post by DebAmstutz - August 19, 2022, 10:57:04 AM
OOOOO...that's interesting!
Last post by Tom Fisher - August 17, 2022, 11:59:35 AM
...that's certainly not a good sign.
Last post by Sherry Burrell - August 17, 2022, 11:18:03 AM
I also know of an agent in GA with multiple locations that went from AMS to Partner and in less than 2 years has converted to Epic.  I will see him this week at a meeting so I can find out why he jumped ship so quickly.