Upgrade to 10 series notes?

Started by Donna Syroid, August 24, 2010, 05:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donna Syroid

Does anyone have any tips or notes to upgrading to the 10 series from 9.3.  This is something I would like to get done before the end of this year.  I want to do some clean up and purging first.

Donna Syroid

Jan Regnier

Donna

I think I still have my notes for 10.x from 9.3.  Let me know if you want me to dig them out and send them to you.
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Donna Syroid

I would LOVE that.  Was it pretty painless?

Donna

mblack

It was the easiest update I've done.  No pain, really :-).
Margaret Black
mblack@ambins.com
Allan M Block Agency, Tarrytown, NY
ASCnet PAC - Customer / LEAD - Nominations
TAM 12.5.3 25 users, W2008 Server, Office 2007, Exchange, @vantage 9.0, Ezlynx Rating

Bob

I agree with Margaret.  Myself I wouldn't go past 10.3..  Works just fine and no issues.  10.4.x chasing issues..

I'm staying put on 10.3 until Windows 7 is supported.  Then I'll update further.  :)

GeorgeW

Chasing what issues? We've been on 10.4 since June, no more problems than any other version from what I can tell and actually fixed a number of issues we had on 10.3
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Bob

Hot fixes and all.  ACORD, Download, had some accounting fixes etc.  Even with new 10.4 replacement incl fixes, sorry not a guinea pig.   AS an IT person I will not put staff through process of testing and working around next found issues.  Mine is one of reason and sanity.  Find the proven version run with that.   :)

Personally I think TAM will be dumped and updates will be less and less.  They can't get TAM to run now on W7 16bit components (code from 1990s still TAMhost16) not supported, Windows8 is 64bit native OS so TAM would need a major overhaul something Applied isn't going to invest in. Based on how behind they are on W7, I expect greater efforts in future to mass migrate TAM users to EPIC along with Vision and Doris.  Just me but what I envision in next 24 months. 

brinkerdana

While we're on the subject of 10.X fixes:  Any clue when Applied intends to fix the Loss Payee files?

I haven't been able to add and LLP from inside an application for at least the last 3 versions.

The 10.4 fixes didn't help.
Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired

GeorgeW

On 10.3 we had a couple of pages of work arounds, on 10.4 that has been greatly reduced. For us 10.4 was a welcome relief from 10.3....guess everyone's mileage varies.
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Bob

Oh I agree George.  Amazing how many bugs one experiences another does not.  We blame TAM too often but often the blame goes two ways.   Ones own network configuration, apps in use etc along with TAM use.  That makes each experience different and unique.  Your experience may not be mine as my own may not be your experience.  10.3 has been ROCK SOLID for us.   I have no more TAM updates planned unless mandatory.  That is unless it includes support for Windows7.  :)