Main Menu

iDRAC - PowerEdge T710

Started by Hans Manhave, Today at 01:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans Manhave

I (finally) noticed that I have a red/orange message on the LCD display on the unit:

Storage Drive 4.  Drive Slot sensor for Storage, drive fault was asserted

Having an old Windows XP with its Internet Explorer enabled me to still log into the iDRAC device.

T710 is working fine being a server, just don't know how to verify if the RAID has the 4th (or is it 5th physical, if it starts at 0??) is really bad or just had a hickup?

Supposedly this happened on 4/11/24, but I don't believe there was a red display at that time plus, I don't know what the actual time reference is (today, 30 days late etc).

Any thoughts on verification will be helpful and appreciated.  I know the machine can assert a lot of things that just go away such as power supply sensor failure (I have spares) but they don't even last a second every other month or so.

Thanks for your time.

HM

Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Joshua Conner

My drives have lights you can tell from that.  Also you should log into the idrac and go to raid it should give more explanation of what is going on.  You can also make the drive blink and see how they are numbered. idrac should tell you everything you need to know.
Joshua Conner
Conner Insurance
Tam 2014 R2
Epic online with CSR24 and Salesforce Integration
39 Employees
Former Vice President Indiana Applied User Group
Webmaster http://www.appliedusergroup.com
Blog http://mylifewithtam.blogspot.com

Hans Manhave

This is an iDRAC 6 Express v.1.54.  :)

It lists Batteries, Fans, Intrusion, Power Supplies, Temperatures, Voltages.  All those pass. 

I opened the front lid of the unit and it appears that one drive is permanently on the blink (literally blinking!).  It appears to be drive #5 out of five.

Guess I best find out what drive model it is and see about acquiring a good one promptly.

I believe these things are hot swappable. 
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein