Need a QuickBooks guru please

Started by DebAmstutz, June 15, 2023, 01:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DebAmstutz

Is there someone here who can field questions about QuickBooks?  I am sort of getting used to it, but I need to fix some stuff that someone else entered, plus I need to merge some vendors who were entered twice.  I saw it done but that session wasn't recorded so I need to get them repaired.
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Billy Welsh

I would NEVER label myself a "guru."  And I am only familiar with the desktop version, so if you are using the cloud/on-line product then I am really not much help.

I have no idea how to merge vendors.  But I am happy to try and help with your other issues if I can.
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

DebAmstutz

Thanks for the offer, Billy.  Yes, this is the dreaded online verson of QB.  Someone (not me) entered in a bunch of duplicates or near duplicates that I need to merge or find a way to delete one of the two if there is no activity.  And when I say delete I mean it disappears instead of still seeing the vendor name with (deleted) beside it.
Deb Amstutz

Billy Welsh

That is actually why I avoided the on-line version.  I initially looked at it when we were forced to upgrade, because they promised more granular user security (you know like a real application  ::) :o ).  But upon further research, there was I believe more granularity in some/many areas, EXCEPT for the areas I cared most about (Deleting, Voiding, and other such items that send auditors into a total tizzy).  So I stayed with Desktop.  Our main company in now in another (real) application, with another smaller entity the only one left in QB.  We are starting to plan the transition of that entity out of QB now.  It has some special invoicing needs that may slow down the process.  QB can't handle them either, but until know we've been able to work around that.  Circumstances are changing not in our favor, so if we have to solve the problem, we are going to do so in the "real" app.
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

Tom Fisher

I know it's a month later Deb.  But did you figure out your QBO issue?
Tom Fisher
The Tech Frood
tom@techfrood.com
www.techfrood.com

DebAmstutz

Been fixing too many other things and forgot about this one.  I don't like QB online and especially trying to keep TWO systems in balance.  One on the HS side and the QB online side.  Darn near impossible when accounting is not the ONLY thing I do.  I have to get rid of most of the CSR stuff so I can concentrate on accounting.  EVERYTHING takes more time in QB and I have issues with last month's checkbook reconciliation and payment to a company which will mean at least a half day to repair the "damage".  I've been working on health commissions and it has taken an entire day's time to do what used to take 3 hours for the month's health commissions.  AND I have another issue with HS not recognizing NEW commission after being told how HS uses inception (first written) date to determine a new transaction.  It's not working with some travel policies that were written in April of this year.  Grrrrrrrrr.
Deb Amstutz