Printer Scanner Copier Also

Started by Hans Manhave, December 08, 2022, 06:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans Manhave

Needing to replace Oki MC561 type units.  Oki printers are no longer in the US any more.  These are our personal workhorses.  Scan, Copy & Print.  B&W and Color.  Toner is very very cheap, fuser is quite high.

A Brother MFCL2750DW, MFCJ-5340DW and Canon imageCLASS MF455dw are possibly suitable. 

I have not experienced good things from HP after the HP5000Si.  This includes the 8000, large and small color inkjets.

We need duplex printing/scanning, don't need color printing, do need a bypass tray.  8.5 x 11 size paper.   No mandatory connection to Facebook, Google or any "store".

Any ideas?
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Mark

I have an older Brother laser at home that I've been pretty happy with.  WiFi, scan/copy/print, even has app that works decently.  It's over ten years old and it's usage is likely on par with our individual office use here (kids used to print hundreds of coloring pages!).  I've never replaced the fuser.

Because of this, and the fact that I haven't liked HP printers for quite some time, I sent a similar Brother to our "remote office" in northern Wisconsin years ago and I've never touched it since.  Now, this is just a permanent work from home user, but she still print quite a bit.  She moved there years before covid and that thing is chugging along nicely for her.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security