COPIER/PRINTER - NOT FOR WIFI

Started by Hans Manhave, January 05, 2022, 11:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans Manhave

Are there any copiers/printers that don't have wifi?

I have a situation where there is no wifi and no network.  The current copier goes wacko without a connection.  It works fine for a day, then cannot handle the no-connection situation.

Thanks.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Mark

I assume this is not a large MFP, but a desktop copier/printer - maybe even consumer grade?
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Jim Jensen

Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jeff Golas

Could it help to get a cheap router that goes nowhere and just plug it in and shove it behind it somewhere? I can't imagine something losing its marbles without an internet connection unless its HP, in which case it can't contact the mothership and all your ink are belong to us.
Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com

Hans Manhave

Thanks for all the replies.  It is a small office type MFP, Okidata.  I have one at home myself, several at the office.  Office units are wired.  My home one goes into never never land when it disconnects from wifi.  Not for copying though.  One problem is that I don't have access to this problem child normally.  It is hard to tell how a device is going to behave under certain circumstances.  There is no network connectivity available.  I will see about another visit, I'm afraid any other machine may do the same thing so I don't know what to acquire instead.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Hans Manhave

Did get to the location.  Yes, the printer had created an error 190 which came up after power cycling as a futile attempt to connect to a wifi.  In one word: stupid.

Took printer of wifi, put as wired.  Gave it an IP and a network.  DNS of pointing to itself.  Worked when I left.  Will see how it goes over time.  Too many things are messing up.  Must be solar flares.

Mark

Quote from: FWA on January 11, 2022, 05:56:26 PM
Must be solar flares.

The frequency of solar flares coincides with the Sun's 11-year cycle known as the "Solar Cycle". These increase in number as the Sun approaches the maximum part of its cycle.

We are currently in solar cycle 25.  It is the 25th solar cycle since record keeping started in 1755.  Cycle 25 is now in its 21st month, having started in November 2019.  Cycle 25 is proving to be a very strong cycle, which is good for high frequency radio signal propagation, and may even catch up to cycle 19 which started in April 1954 and was the strongest ever recorded.

And now back to your regularly scheduled Hardware and Infrastructure discussion.  8)
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Billy Welsh

;D   The things I learn in this place!
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect