Open for new opportunities

Started by Bob, August 16, 2021, 03:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Hi All!

After 33 years in the SF Bay Area and working with Kosich Family Insurance, I left my career to relocate to the Phoenix Area to be closer and assist my aging parents.  I've now settled into the area and am now available for new work opportunities.   Over three decades I've met and known many of you in this industry and I just wanted to share in case any of you see a good opportunities in the Phoenix Area or even remote work if located elsewhere. 

Not expecting much in terms of leads here but shared as most thought I would never leave my job and probably unaware I did.  :)

I think most have my number but if not your welcome to message me here.

Thank you!

Jim Jensen

I saw you were moving "home" but assumed you would be working remotely from there since you have that down so well already. More time with the whole family, plus maybe you won't have to work as much.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

DebAmstutz

I'm sure your parents appreciate your moving closer to them!  Best wishes on finding a job you can enjoy!
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Ric

Wish I knew of an opportunity Bob.

Very nice of you to truly live "family first"

Best of luck for you and your entire family!
Ric Tucker
Manager of Information Systems
Past President, New Jersey Chapter

J A Mariano Agency
TAM 2020, 11users, Windows 2019 Server,
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit workstations
fax@vantage 9.0.5,
Acoustic guitar, drums, percussion
Chrome, Microsoft 365

Jeff Zylstra

You're a good man to be there for your parents like that.  I know it's a little tough on you at the moment but you won't regret it and I don't think you'll regret leaving California either as time goes by.  Absolute best of luck to you and your parents.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Bob

Thanks Everyone!  Parents are turning 80 and having been gone most of my adult life was time to come back and help them out as well as invest some quality time with them.  I know they are happy.

I think the hardest part is finding something insurance related in line with what I do which is more operations/support.  Most of the opportunities are producer related or customer service.  If anyone hears of anything like this, please keep me in mind.  :)

Mark

Hey Bob,

Off on a new journey in life.  Very cool - I wish you the best of luck!  I do have a colleague out there who works remotely for an agency in Wisconsin - so we know that is a thing for sure.  Not sure what kind of operations positions are done remotely, but I am confident that with your experience you will be able to find what you're looking for.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Bob

Remote work is alternative but hope to find work at a location or even hybrid.  Haven't been in an office since Feb 2020 having to work from home and miss the interaction.  When I say operations my past has been IT/Help Desk, Project Management, Agency Acquisitions merged 24 agencies and various management system, Insurance Accounting meaning more receivables and payables not payroll or taxes along with hiring/training, implementing new technologies and more.

I'm getting hammered with offers but much of it is outside insurance (even had one for funeral director LOL) or leans more towards producer and/or customer service with the latter a possibility but is not my first choice.  Interviewing this week for a branch manager for an insurance brokerage but pay is half what I made but considering and keeping options open.  Main thing is I was able to relocate and now physically here and able to help out parents which makes me feel good.  If anyone should come across via your network an opportunity, please send it my way.  Thank you all for the kind words and support, it's much appreciated! :)