MSA Main Street

Started by Tom Fisher, March 23, 2021, 01:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Fisher

Anyone here writing PL with MSA? I'm trying to troubleshoot an IE/Edge issue with it... their support, surprise, not being helpful.
Tom Fisher
The Tech Frood
tom@techfrood.com
www.techfrood.com

Paul Durban

We write with them. What do you need to know?

Paul Durban

Tom Fisher

Hey Paul, I'm just curious if anyone else is having any issues going Personal Lines Services> Policy View > Search policy number, and then pulling up the policy.. apparently this has to be done using IE even though it's basically an unsupported browser now. 
Tom Fisher
The Tech Frood
tom@techfrood.com
www.techfrood.com

Paul Durban

MSA told us that we'd have to use IE to make changes on any in-force PL policies that remain in their "legacy" companies. (We have very few of those. Most have been rewritten in their currently-writing companies, and all those are serviced using Chrome.) My Personal Lines CSR says she doesn't have to use IE for anything. She just uses Chrome for MSA.

MSA does still require IE for quoting and servicing most of their commercial lines policies.

(Here's something even worse: TAMOnline *requires* that IE be the DEFAULT Browser to use their Upload Center utililty. As it is, I change the default to do an upload then change it right back.)

Jeff Golas

Wanna hear something funny, SELECTIVE is no different!

That said,Microsoft edge, not the previous Edge, but Chromium Edge (Credge) should support both Chrome-based and IE based sites automatically. Should.
Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com

Tom Fisher

So here's the meat and the potatoes of the issue... when you go into the PL section of their site using IE, it wants to open up Edge.  I'm not sure why it's trying to do that to begin with, but in the past, there were a handful of tricks you could implement to prevent this from happening.  None of those seem to work any longer and I'm baffled.  Unfortunately, its hard to have anyone else lay eyes on it as it requires an agent login.
Tom Fisher
The Tech Frood
tom@techfrood.com
www.techfrood.com

Tom Fisher

to clarify, per what Paul said, I guess Edge works fine except for these older policies which this client has a fair amount of apparently...
Tom Fisher
The Tech Frood
tom@techfrood.com
www.techfrood.com

Jim Jensen

I have similar issues with a couple of carriers - CNA/Western Surety will only display PDFs of bonds, including new ones, if using IE. Not Edge, not Chrome, not Firefox.

Pekin has the similar issue as MSA - new system (GuideWire - used by other carriers too), anything BUT IE. Legacy system - typically only IE. And I tend to randomly land in their legacy when logging into their website.

I never heard anyone accuse the insurance industry of being on the technology cutting edge.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jeff Golas

Quote from: Jim Jensen on March 24, 2021, 10:47:34 AM
I never heard anyone accuse the insurance industry of being on the technology cutting edge.

...and looking to be bought out by Applied or Vertafore.

Fixed that for you.
Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com

DebAmstutz

What exactly IS the upload center?  This agency is TAMOnline but I don't think we use upload center.  I see it in the utilities list, but nobody here has mentioned using it.  The computer I use in another branch on Wednesdays no longer has IE, but has Edge.  IE is the default on my computer where I normally work and I'd love to change it to Edge or Chrome.
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Paul Durban

The Upload Center is a utility for uploading documents to Applied for use or attachment in TAMOnline. If you receive any downloads outside of IVANS, it's how you get the download files up to TAM so they can be processed. Also can be used to upload items for attaching (although there are other ways to attach items).

On my PC, when I have Chrome set as my default browser and I tell TAM to load the Upload Center, I get the message "This type of file can harm your computer. Do you want to keep AppliedOnlineUploadCenter application anyway?" If I select Keep and then Open, I get the error message "Application cannot be started. Contact the application vendor." and it doesn't run. (Detailed error message is "Deployment and application do not have matching security zones." ) In any case, Applied Tech Support says I have to have IE as my default browser to run the Upload Center. (This didn't use to be the case; may have started with Windows 10.) As much as Applied wants us all to embrace our digital future, requiring the use of outdated, deprecated software doesn't seem to be setting much of an example.

DebAmstutz

Thank you, Paul.  I appreciate the info.  Evidently we don't use that.
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again