Screen mirroring

Started by Hans Manhave, August 12, 2020, 11:37:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans Manhave

Anyone know of anyway to do screen mirroring from multiple devices (iPhones/iPads, Androids) to ONE display screen at the same time?

I do one-to-one all the time.  Either through AppleTV or, on newer tv's, straight from the phone to tv.

I need a way, maybe an app on each of the hand held devices, that puts all of them, at the same time, on the one big screen.  The nicest would be use of the full screen by all joined devices but if each had to have their own segment of the screen, that could work too.

Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Tom Fisher

I know Ditto will allow multi devices - I just dont know if it will allow multiple devices all on the same screen at the same time.
Tom Fisher
The Tech Frood
tom@techfrood.com
www.techfrood.com

Hans Manhave

I started a 30 day trial with Ditto.  It needs to run from a Windows machine, so I am working with a laptop.  My intrusion prevention system must be stopping it somewhere because after having created an account, it goes into NeverNeverland when wanting to log in.  I do not follow their naming convention other than that I would agree that it is very squirrelly.

At this moment I am going to mark it as does-not-perform.  The sales material looked good.

Update: It appears to at least work for one iPhone to share its screen onto the laptop.  No idea why I would want to do that.  I rather share straight to the tv screen.  So far a bit time consuming.  It records everything, but doesn't state where.  Not ready to put it aside, but hope to find something a bit more intuitive.  Also do not understand why companies use such bleached out screen designs for their interfaces/web pages.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Hans Manhave

Ending my trial.  Support is not responsive.  Software states it records, but won't let me know where the recordings are.  In China?

Will clean my stuff and move on.  Something hardware related appears to be a better option, if it exists.