Resetting your Applied Community Password - endless loop?

Started by Tom Fisher, July 29, 2020, 09:47:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Fisher

Has anyone ever tried resetting your Applied Community password, they send you an email with a link to reset, you click the link, it asks you your email address, you put that in and then it sends you another email and the cycle continues until you do too many and they lock you for 24 hours for too many attempts?
Tom Fisher
The Tech Frood
tom@techfrood.com
www.techfrood.com

Mark

I don't recall having that issue, but I think I've only reset it when prompted.  Were you prompted, or are you going through the lost password process?
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

GeorgeW

We have seen that here. The only way to get it resolved was to call Applied and have them reset.
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Tom Fisher

@Mark - yes, doing this through the forgot password process.
@George - yes, that's what we've had to do
Tom Fisher
The Tech Frood
tom@techfrood.com
www.techfrood.com

Tom Fisher

Tom Fisher
The Tech Frood
tom@techfrood.com
www.techfrood.com

Tom Fisher

I made an exception in Safelinks and this eliminated the issue.  ATP was parsing the URL in a way that the Applied site didn't recognize who was attempting to reset their password.
Tom Fisher
The Tech Frood
tom@techfrood.com
www.techfrood.com

GeorgeW

No, we aren't!  It hasn't happened in awhile. We used to have new users utilizing Applied University and it seemed it was a problem with every new user I set up. However, we have stopped using Applied University and so don't think many of our users ever login to the portal any longer.
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2