EPIC email a ttachment issue?

Started by Tom Fisher, May 04, 2020, 04:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Fisher

I noticed in 'the other forums' there is a thread about Epic not taking drag and drop email attachments.  MS update apparently broke it and as is often the case, A$ wasn't on top of it.

Anyone know if this is legit and/or what version of Office broke it?
Tom Fisher
The Tech Frood
tom@techfrood.com
www.techfrood.com

Heather Reetz

I don't know what broke it, but I know that two of our three terminal servers have this issue today.  I was going to have the servers rebooted tonight to see if that would fix it.  I have an open case with A$.
Heather Reetz
Yes, there really is a Kalamazoo!
50ish Users; mostly remote, Epic Cloud, 2016 Servers, Terminal Services w/RDP, 3CX VOIP, O365/E3, HP Wyse & Dell Thin Clients, iPads, iPhones

Tom Fisher

Well my guess is that A$ is going to tell you the work around:  drag to desktop or other folder, and attach from there.

I'm curious what version broke it because they don't seem to be so quick to fix.  Can you tell me what version the two problem servers and the one non-problem server are on with Office?
Tom Fisher
The Tech Frood
tom@techfrood.com
www.techfrood.com

Mark

I just hear about this from Kenny.  We're not having the issue here as far as I know.  I have no updates pending, and I was able to drag out of Outlook 2016 and attach to Epic.  We're not on an O365 version of Outlook though.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Heather Reetz

I already have people working around for today.

Problem servers are automatically updated and on Version 2004 (Build 16.0.12730.20144)

The one still working has updates ready to install and is on Version 2003 (Build 1264.20466)

Both Click to Run
Heather Reetz
50ish Users; mostly remote, Epic Cloud, 2016 Servers, Terminal Services w/RDP, 3CX VOIP, O365/E3, HP Wyse & Dell Thin Clients, iPads, iPhones

Tom Fisher

Heather, have you tried rolling back one of the 2004's?
Tom Fisher
The Tech Frood
tom@techfrood.com
www.techfrood.com

Heather Reetz

The third one updated itself last night.  We're rolling back all three tonight.
Heather Reetz

Mark

I've seen some people on the other forum say they are experiencing this on Outlook 2016 (non-365) so maybe I wont be immune.  No one has complained to me yet.
Mark Piontek, MBA

Jeff Golas

It may be that another update comes quickly (maybe...ish) as there's other issues besides just the Applied one. I saw in Reddit that some people are having search issues again as well as other stuff going on. I was really under the impression microsoft was stopping functional changes in lieu of security-only fixes to keep things reliable...its obvious they haven't. (Im in a mood today lol)
Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com

Joshua Conner

Yes my search broke on mine. 

I am on the latest version and my drag and drop still works though.

Joshua Conner
Conner Insurance
Tam 2014 R2
Epic online with CSR24 and Salesforce Integration
39 Employees
Former Vice President Indiana Applied User Group
Webmaster http://www.appliedusergroup.com
Blog http://mylifewithtam.blogspot.com

Heather Reetz

Another update came quickly, but didn't solve the issue.  Now we'll have to roll back two.
Heather Reetz

Heather Reetz

Quote from: Joshua Conner on May 06, 2020, 11:40:26 AM
Yes my search broke on mine. 

I am on the latest version and my drag and drop still works though.

To be clear, it's only dragging an attachment from an email into Epic.  If you drag the whole email, or a file from anywhere else, it still works.  You are still able to drag and drop an email attachment into Epic?
Heather Reetz

Mark

Quote from: Heather Reetz on May 06, 2020, 01:44:31 PM
... You are still able to drag and drop an email attachment into Epic?

Are you asking, or telling?  Because now I'm confused.  :o
Mark Piontek, MBA

Ric

BTW: This is happening in TAM 2017 with Office 2016 M$365
Ric Tucker
Manager of Information Systems
Past President, New Jersey Chapter

J A Mariano Agency
TAM 2020, 11users, Windows 2019 Server,
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit workstations
fax@vantage 9.0.5,
Acoustic guitar, drums, percussion
Chrome, Microsoft 365

Heather Reetz

I was trying to clarify what the issue is for us and see if Joshua is still able to drag and drop if it's an email attachment.
Heather Reetz