Author Topic: Do you run reports on Attachments?  (Read 65 times)

Offline DebAmstutz

• Scalliwag
  • It's never too late, until it's really too late...
Do you run reports on Attachments?
« on: December 03, 2019, 01:54:10 pm »
It's important that attachments are attached to the right entity, correct?  Does anyone run regular reports to find items that were attached to an incorrect entity?  If so, how often do you run them?  I just found a few deposits attached to an incorrect entity and now I'm wondering what else has been attached to something that is not correct.  Just wondering if anyone has a regular schedule for reports for that kind of occurrence.
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Offline Jim Jensen

• Scalliwag
    • Jensen Ford Insurance
Re: Do you run reports on Attachments?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 02:25:12 pm »
I'm not sure how you would run a report to validate attachments, unless you run a list of attachments for each day and manually check them, which sounds terribly time consuming and probably doesn't catch a lot, unless you find that you have an issue.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Offline DebAmstutz

• Scalliwag
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 02:08:40 pm »
I wasn't sure if I could catch a glaring error on a daily report or not.  I don't think it needs to be time-consuming, but I'm wondering if I could catch an incorrect attachment category on a client or vendor.  I didn't know if anyone else tried to find those kinds of things or not.  When an attachment isn't in the right place, it's not easy to find out where it went.  :)
Deb Amstutz

Offline Coral

• True Believer
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 04:00:46 pm »
I think the only way to catch via report, would be put the name of the entity into the description of the attachment. Then you could check the name versus who it was attached to.

I wouldn't do this. I would not want to waste the description space on the entity name. I'm just thinking this would be the only way report would work.
Coral Benton
Epic Online

Offline Jeff Zylstra

• ScurvyDawg
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 09:17:54 am »
I think a better questions might be "why are attachments getting attached to the wrong customers?".  And if you use the standard TAM temporary storage area, you are sharing that folder with everyone in the office.  So if you scan a document, it is temporarily stored there for everyone to see, probably with a very non-descriptive file name.  So anyone who is attaching thinks it is their scan, and attaches it in the normal workflow.  I would look at who attached these errant scans, and if it is someone who wouldn't normally work on that customer, chances are good that this might be the case.

Each user in our office has their own folder and only that user can see that file and attach it.  It saves tons of grief like this.  If you find that to be the case, either I or someone else here can show you how to fix this very quickly and easily.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Offline DebAmstutz

• Scalliwag
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 01:49:23 pm »
I'm not saying it's an epidemic, but I always wonder when I find a thing or two out of place, how many other items might be in the wrong place.
Deb Amstutz

Offline Jeff Zylstra

• ScurvyDawg
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2019, 02:11:46 pm »
I'm not saying it's an epidemic, but I always wonder when I find a thing or two out of place, how many other items might be in the wrong place.

Since everyone has their own person attachment drive, the only time I ever get asked to delete something is immediately after someone has attached it.  Since they're the only one in that drive, they know when they've messed up and the come to me right away.  Since I don't have the right to do it (I login with the EXEC user for this), it's easier to keep track of how often it happens.  Not often at all.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop