Is anybody out there?

Started by Terry Evans, November 07, 2019, 04:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Evans

I hadn't been here in awhile, it seems I don't stop be as often as I used to.  I got an email from Applied re: TAM 2019 today and that made me think about stopping by. 

It seems like I'm a lot more active in insurance agent facebook groups than I am here although I used to interact and get a lot of amazing information here. 

Is there an associated facebook group with this page or would that detract even further?

Thanks!
Terry Evans
Maurer-Noel-Evans Insurance
terry@mne.biz  www.mne.biz

Mark

I'm still here! However, I am no longer active on Facebook. Been slacking on deleting it.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Tom Fisher

What are some good FB groups for agents?
Tom Fisher
The Tech Frood
tom@techfrood.com
www.techfrood.com

Joshua Conner

I am still here but have become a bit of a lurker.   But not on purpose.
Joshua Conner
Conner Insurance
Tam 2014 R2
Epic online with CSR24 and Salesforce Integration
39 Employees
Former Vice President Indiana Applied User Group
Webmaster http://www.appliedusergroup.com
Blog http://mylifewithtam.blogspot.com

Charlie Charbonneau

Several of us are still here and semi-active and will come out of the woodwork when needed!  I've tried several times to embrace Applied's user group, but I just can't seem to pick it up.

Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

Mark

Quote from: Charlie Charbonneau on November 08, 2019, 10:22:29 AM
Several of us are still here and semi-active and will come out of the woodwork when needed!  I've tried several times to embrace Applied's user group, but I just can't seem to pick it up. 

Applied's is just not the same. I been trying to read it, but there's not much to read...
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Terry Evans

Terry Evans

DebAmstutz

I've never had Facebook, can see how it could be useful but I don't want to give up that much privacy.  This agency doesn't have an AppliedNet membership, so I can't access that group, but the discussions group on the Help side are pretty much questions that are asked and not answered.  I still think this format is easier to understand and use.  Always have thought that, in fact.  Plus, there are great people over here.  :)
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Toni Forte

Quote from: DebAmstutz on November 08, 2019, 01:16:59 PM
I've never had Facebook, can see how it could be useful but I don't want to give up that much privacy.  This agency doesn't have an AppliedNet membership, so I can't access that group, but the discussions group on the Help side are pretty much questions that are asked and not answered.  I still think this format is easier to understand and use.  Always have thought that, in fact.  Plus, there are great people over here.  :)

.....what she said  8)
Toni Forte
Systems Administrator
Cline Wood, a Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC company
Sagitta/ImageRight, CSR24, Server 2008 R2, 2012, VMware, ESXi
Former TAM2014MU1, eTfile 4.8

Terry Evans

Quote from: DebAmstutz on November 08, 2019, 01:16:59 PM

If you have a google/gmail account on your computer or phone and are logged in, then your info is already everywhere. :'(
Terry Evans

Ric

I'm here!

My Facebook account is primarily for personal (not political etc. either)

I try to get here as often as possbile
Ric Tucker
Manager of Information Systems
Past President, New Jersey Chapter

J A Mariano Agency
TAM 2020, 11users, Windows 2019 Server,
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit workstations
fax@vantage 9.0.5,
Acoustic guitar, drums, percussion
Chrome, Microsoft 365

DebAmstutz

Deb Amstutz

Tom Fisher

Tom Fisher
The Tech Frood
tom@techfrood.com
www.techfrood.com

Jeff Golas

Likewise I've been crazy busy lately, but also gave up Facebook about this time last year, and don't miss it at all. It's a shame that independent forums like these are often dying out for the simplicity of Facebook for the price of data and privacy. We also own this space and control it's data.

Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com

DebAmstutz

Interestingly enough, I heard yesterday that since smartphones made their appearance in 2007, anxiety has overtaken depression diagnoses for people, and it did so in less than 2 years after smartphones were in use by "the masses."  It doesn't surprise me, since so many people seem to be "married" to their phones.  And with Facebook, people see so much going on in the world and with other people, why shouldn't it cause anxiety for those who can't seem to ignore what they can't change?  I'm never going to have the latest and greatest anything, because there is not much of the latest and greatest that I personally need.  I lived for a lot of years without any kind of portable phone or portable media, and I'm most likely not going to start now, except for the flip phone, which I use mostly for texting to groups of which I am in charge and my kids (whose lives I don't butt into much unless they ask!  LOL).  I'm not giving a ton of places information on myself, because what's already out there is more than enough.   :)
Deb Amstutz