Author Topic: Income statement to Excel?  (Read 48 times)

Offline DebAmstutz

• Scalliwag
  • It's never too late, until it's really too late...
Income statement to Excel?
« on: July 30, 2019, 10:46:10 am »
I was asked this morning if the Income Statement could be exported to Excel and I said I didn't think so, but I thought I'd ask here just to be sure.  One of the owners wants an Excel sheet with the basic income statement info and then wants to put "what if" numbers in it.  I said I thought the best thing was to set one up the way he wants it and save it and then play around with numbers.  He actually only wants one or two columns beside the account names, so it wouldn't take long to do.

Was I wrong to suggest that?
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Offline Sherry Burrell

• True Believer
    • Grimes Insurance & Financial Services
Re: Income statement to Excel?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 02:38:09 pm »
I think you can export to Excel.  I know you can in Epic and those types of things are not a lot different from TAM to Epic.

It's been a long time for me in TAM, but most reports can have the output as Excel. Summary reports get messed up doing that, but I don't think the Income report will.
Sherry Burrell
Grimes Insurance & Financial Services
Epic Online w/CSR24, 9 users

Offline Jim Jensen

• Scalliwag
    • Jensen Ford Insurance
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 03:21:49 pm »
Yes, you can. Just choose Excel- raw Data as the destination instead of Report. It will not be formatted like the report though. that should be a given since its Excel, but it looks very different. No breaks between sections, including Income and Expenses sections. Numbers are + or - based on whether they are debit or credit. If you're not a bookkeeper/accountant, it will take a little getting to used to it.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Offline DebAmstutz

• Scalliwag
  • It's never too late, until it's really too late...
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 12:42:07 pm »
Thanks for that news.  I will try it myself and see what happens.   :)
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again