Author Topic: Deleting notepads on policies  (Read 219 times)

Offline DebAmstutz

• Scalliwag
  • It's never too late, until it's really too late...
Deleting notepads on policies
« on: June 14, 2019, 10:10:51 am »
There is an "error" on download today regarding a commercial client : "Max. notepads met; delete unwanted notes"  I don't recall seeing that previously, so I have a question.

Would you keep only the most recent notepads?  I'm talking the most recent renewal and changes since that renewal.  There are some notepads that date back to 2017, and I would think those could be deleted.  Are there guidelines somewhere for this kind of deletion?  I'm not sure anyone refers to the notepads on this customer, they probably go directly to the underwriter with any questions.
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Offline Coral

• True Believer
Re: Deleting notepads on policies
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 11:44:15 am »
Don't notepads save t history? I would keep only the current term.
Coral Benton
Epic Online

Offline Jim Jensen

• Scalliwag
    • Jensen Ford Insurance
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 03:51:43 pm »
All of the notepad pages do go to history whenever an app is saved to history. Because you have to delete them 1 page at a time, when we get to 999 pages on a policy's notepad, I delete the entire application (without saving to history) and resend it from the
 IVANS box. Voila! same policy image, with only the notepad pages from that download attached. I don't do that every time, of course. Only when we reach the limit. If we re-write a policy, I make sure we send it to history, then delete the app to get a clean start with the newly issued replacement policy.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Offline DebAmstutz

• Scalliwag
  • It's never too late, until it's really too late...
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 03:53:52 pm »
Thanks, Jim, that's a good way to handle the notepads!
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again