Author Topic: Adobe Acrobat digital signature  (Read 313 times)

Offline FWA

• Scalliwag
Adobe Acrobat digital signature
« on: May 30, 2019, 03:45:15 pm »
What does one use for completing digital signatures in Adobe PDF forms?  I can complete the rest of the form, just not the digital signature part.  It does nothing, like, there is nothing to fill out.  I must be missing a step.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Another day, another clay.  All that matters is the next bird.

Offline Jeff Zylstra

• ScurvyDawg
Re: Adobe Acrobat digital signature
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 11:27:19 am »
It should be available in the free, Adobe Acrobat DC version, but make sure you are up to date.  I mention being up to date, because so many times the antiquated software and systems in our industry force us to stay on older versions before they catch up.  Here's an article.  That said, I believe the document itself has to support signatures as well, so that could an issue too.

https://www.howtogeek.com/164668/how-to-electronically-sign-documents-without-printing-and-scanning-them/
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Offline Jeff Golas

• Administrator
  • Scalliwag
    • JKJ Website
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 01:16:16 pm »
Are you using a free version or paid subscription? To be able to request docs be signed you need the subscription that gets you AdobeSign (formerly EchoSign). Otherwise unless a document was specifically requested to be signed from some sort of signature service, you can't technically sign them.
Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com

Offline FWA

• Scalliwag
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 01:48:05 pm »
I was requested to sign a document, attached to an email,  that included the "digital signature" arrow (if viewed on a desktop).  But that only works on a desktop and wasn't even seen on the mobile unit.  We just had an iPhone at the time and it does not work on iPhones.

Thanks, Jeff, for the howtogeek link.  It did provide info about different situations/mobile units and mentioned Adobe Fill&Sign.  It is a handy app to have.  I am not sure if the folks would have accepted it with that app being used, but for future times I am going to try that at least.

It appears that the need for a desktop/laptop still exists at this time.

Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Another day, another clay.  All that matters is the next bird.