Author Topic: Move Attachments-are you kidding me?  (Read 166 times)

Offline DebAmstutz

• Scalliwag
  • It's never too late, until it's really too late...
Move Attachments-are you kidding me?
« on: April 26, 2019, 10:02:28 am »
We moved six+ years of attachments from one entity to another and guess what - they are NO LONGER IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER!!!  Who, in their right mind, makes a utility available that can TOTALLY screw up a client, vendor, etc???  I was told the agency was added to a PMR (this "issue" should have been fixed immediately when it was discovered-and didn't anyone test this at all?) for the problem but given no time for a remedy.  Anything that gets attached after the move is in order but HUNDREDS of items are now out of order and that order was pretty essential for finding items quickly.  BTW, the filter doesn't work for the attachments moved, either.  I tried that first.  >:(
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Offline Jeff Zylstra

• ScurvyDawg
Re: Move Attachments-are you kidding me?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 11:07:43 am »
This sounds like a real mess to me.  TAM stores attachments in folders according to the year, month and date they were attached, and then uses a database of file and folder names for TAM to locate and display them.  I sincerely hope this is something simple like a reindex utility and nothing more serious because if it is, I fear that it is a complete random mess that can't be easily deciphered or undone.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop