Author Topic: Invalid method (HTTP verb)  (Read 113 times)

Offline Bob

• ScurvyDawg
    • Kosich Insurance Agency, Inc.
Invalid method (HTTP verb)
« on: April 04, 2019, 03:11:22 pm »
I have one user on one site when it redirects gets this error in ANY browser.   No other user gets this and can't recreate anywhere but this one workstation.  This person does nothing more than login to Safeco, it redirects on login to personal lines page or commercial lines page based on choice and choice is selected and confirmed.

I've never seen this error can't get past it.  Only this station and with ANY browser.  Been cleaned up no temp, no history, no cookies no anything. 

All other sites are fine just safeco and this one workstation.   Any ideas?
Bob Connor
IT/Project Management/Accounting
Kosich Family Insurance Serv. LLC.
Nexsure Ver 3.x

Offline Tom Fisher

• Frequent Flyer
Re: Invalid method (HTTP verb)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 03:53:56 pm »
That's bizarre that it's just happening on one computer - but any browser.

My thoughts immediately take me to thinking something security related (AV/Firewall) are causing the issue between the webserver and this particular computer...
Tom Fisher
The Tech Frood
tom@techfrood.com
www.techfrood.com

Offline Jim Jensen

• Scalliwag
    • Jensen Ford Insurance
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 04:36:35 pm »
I can tell you that Liberty's Bond system is very narrow on compatibility. Won't work with Chrome or Edge, only IE (isn't that reassuring for security?) and yesterday I couldn't log in with IE, unless I linked to it through Safeco's website. Safeco's can be hinky too - Chrome generally works, but not always for Quote and Issue. Edge is similar. Seems to prefer IE, but I've not run into the issue you mention.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Offline Bob

• ScurvyDawg
    • Kosich Insurance Agency, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 05:06:34 pm »
That's bizarre that it's just happening on one computer - but any browser.

My thoughts immediately take me to thinking something security related (AV/Firewall) are causing the issue between the webserver and this particular computer...

Didn't look at windows FW might be good place to look.   Wish it was all my users and I could blame the site.  Your 2 ideas make sense since 1 PC multiple browsers same issue not shared by others.  That or maybe it's missing some .net framework.

Thanks!
Bob Connor
IT/Project Management/Accounting
Kosich Family Insurance Serv. LLC.
Nexsure Ver 3.x

Offline Tom Fisher

• Frequent Flyer
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 08:53:10 am »
Yeah that error is usually related to a webserver returning something improperly - but if it's not happening anywhere else, then the browsers are getting the bad response via something happening in between.
Tom Fisher
The Tech Frood
tom@techfrood.com
www.techfrood.com

Offline Mark

• ScurvyDawg
  • meh.
    • Mark Piontek
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 09:26:40 am »
Odd that it's only one user.  I was going to suggest looking at the SSL/TLS settings and making sure they were correct, but then I Google'd the error and am now even more perplexed that it is only a single user because it sounds like a simple error on the server side based on what I'm reading here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1400210/what-causes-an-http-405-invalid-method-http-verb-error-when-posting-a-form-t

Have you tried using old fashion IE 11 and resetting under the advanced tab to see if it works there?  For kicks, I guess.  Seems server side even if it is not the issue above.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of IT
BS in Information Systems Security
MarkPiontek.com