Attachment Utility Documentation

Started by Bob, January 10, 2019, 05:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

We bought an Agency and was told I need to run utility on the attachments to unlock them.

Anyone have a PDF they can share with me.  I need to run down to this agency and do this for them.

I am not familiar with utility as we stopped updating TAM before they did this and changed the license to call home.  Just looking to get familiar with the Utilities use.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jim Jensen

Unlock them? I'm not familiar with any locks. Un-encrypt them, perhaps, but not unlock. If its the encryption issue, I think you just check a box in the System Setup Settings:

Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Bob

I speaking ignorantly as I don't know.   Year behind the TAM scene.  :)

Locked = encrypted     Without key can't unlock encryption.  I guessing utility does this.  Not familiar with utility.   

I'm sure launched from utility manager.   I'm told by many I must run a Utility?  Just wanted to know is this something done with everyone out of TAM?   Probably seemed to be the norm for most things TAM.     Will study your image.  Note sure if it's a simple as unchecking box as that was what turned on.   Unchecking would stop going forward but would not undo what is already encrypted.  Trying to learn more.  Hoping I can walk the owner to installing msi file by link where I could get remote access, then do all this and FTP zip file back to me.

Thanks!

Alice Mooney

I had to do that before converting to AMS. Let me check my notes tomorrow when I get to work and I'll let you know if I find anything. But what Jim says is familiar but I think there's more to it.
Epic 2018 Online
1000+ users

Tom Fisher

Yeah they are encrypted and compressed and you have to unecrypt them before you can do anything with them outside of TAM.  From what I recall, it's a very long process that's dependent upon how many attachments you have so you're looking at a late night at best, but probably over a weekend.

Util Mgr (open outside of TAM) > System Administrative Folder > Attachment Compression

Tom Fisher
The Tech Frood
tom@techfrood.com
www.techfrood.com

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: Tom Fisher on January 11, 2019, 10:00:20 AM
Yeah they are encrypted and compressed and you have to unecrypt them before you can do anything with them outside of TAM.  From what I recall, it's a very long process that's dependent upon how many attachments you have so you're looking at a late night at best, but probably over a weekend.

Util Mgr (open outside of TAM) > System Administrative Folder > Attachment Compression

Yes, what Tom said.  One other caveat is that the latest version, TAM 2018, has automated night utilities that run as a service without any further action.  You'll have to turn that off for the Friday night when you run the other utility because the automated utilities will log out any other TAM programs automatically.  Don't forget the backups either!  I'm very interested to find out how many Gigs of data are in the attachment drive or folder, and how long this process takes.  If you can, please share that so we have an idea of what we're in for if/when we switch.  Thank you, and good luck!
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Bob

Thank you everyone.

Hoping to email a link have them install connectwise so I can do from here or at least start.  Then drive down Monday copy data to portable drive.

Don't mind the time so long as it runs and doesn't stop.  I'll need to check those night utils although I don't think on 2018.  Also must disable all power saving features so nothing goes to sleep during process.  Had that happen on FTP transfer argh..

Curious is this encryption or compression?  Utility says compression?  Wonder what will become of the 7GB when done. 

Jim Jensen

We're all correct! It's a 2-step issue. You need to check the box in system setup to turn on off E-filing Encryption, then run the utility to decompress the attachments (not including some emails), it seems:

Email attachments that were created under Attachments, Add, Attach an E-mail cannot be decompressed with this utility. Only other types of attachments such as images and documents can be decompressed.

The process has two components turn off the compression utility and decompress existing attachments.

To turn off further compression:
Sign into Applied TAM.
Click Tools from the menu bar.
Click System Setup.
Check the Efiling  Encryption Off check box.
Click OK to apply the change.
Click OK to acknowledge that all users must exit and sign back into TAM for the change to take effect.

To decompress existing attachments:
Note: This utility may take a long time to run.
If you have Applied TAM files (program files, data, images) on more than one drive letter, and those drives are not mirrored, STOP and contact General Support for assistance.
Make sure everyone is signed out of Applied TAM.
Access Utility Manager.
Select the System Administrative folder.
Click Attachment Compression.
Click the Continue arrow at the bottom right side of the screen to open the utility.
Select the Decompress Attached Files radio button.
Click Start.
After the utility is completed click OK when the All attached files are now decompressed message appears.
Exit Utility Manager.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Bob

Tom Fisher

Tom Fisher
The Tech Frood
tom@techfrood.com
www.techfrood.com