Author Topic: Question about Epic  (Read 601 times)

Offline Alice Mooney

• Gold Member
Question about Epic
« on: November 07, 2018, 01:32:26 pm »
Not really sure what to make of this, but I've been asked to reach out to find something out about an Epic process to compare to an AMS process.
Because I've been away from Applied for so long, please excuse my lack of knowledge about Epic.

Do you create a policy in Epic in preparation for the download so it doesn't go to suspense to be manually updated? We had to do this with TAM so I'm thinking it's the same with Epic.
If the answer is yes, has anyone found a way to automate this so the policy does not need to be manually created? I'm thinking this would only work for Epic on-line, unless someone was able to create this in-house.

We are currently working with Vertafore and our major carrier to use a web service to autocreate the basic policy in AMS prior to the downloads coming in so our users do not need to do this.

Offline Mark

• ScurvyDawg
  • meh.
    • Mark Piontek
Re: Question about Epic
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 02:06:49 pm »
As far as I know, the policy "shell" as we call it needs to exist for the first download to come through.  the download needs to know where to go, so it needs to match that policy number, but that's all we put in.  Create the client, add a policy number, leave apps empty.  Then download can match the policy number and we're good to go.  Then of course it matches at renewal and that is all handled automatically.

There may be a way to do what you're asking via the SDK (software development kit) as I know that can be used to create prospects via a form on your website.  I don't know if anyone is already doing this, though.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of IT
BS in Information Systems Security
MarkPiontek.com

Offline GeorgeW

• True Believer
    • AssuredPartners NL
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 02:56:19 pm »
The policy shell needs to be in Epic with the policy number input the way the company downloads the policy number.
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic Online 2017 R2 (MU3), 619 Licenses- 800+ Employees - 30+ offices

Offline Alice Mooney

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 12:48:51 pm »
Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated.

Offline Alice Mooney

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 08:53:18 pm »
Okay...been asked to ask another question.

I remember with TAM that we could associate the LOB motorcycle with the auto app so if Progressive or Safeco sends a download as auto, it will update the motorcycle app and not change it to auto. I may not be saying that correctly, but the problem we are having with AMS is even though I associate the LOB motorcycle with the auto app, when the download comes in, it adds the auto LOB to the policy, so now there are 2 LOB's - one for motorcycle that has no data, and one for auto that has all the data and reports are not accurate.

Tech support said I can associate all I want to, but if the download is not coded CYCL (their code for motorcycle) and remains AUTOP (their code for personal auto) the it will create another LOB. She mentioned something like contacting the carriers and tell them to change their download, but I wasn't really listening b/c that's just ridiculous.

So here are my questions:
Does TAM allow this association or is my memory kaput?
Does Epic allow this association?

There's something big happening and there are non-insurance people making decisions and it scares the crap out of me. So please be patient as I come around to ask the experts here some questions.

Offline GeorgeW

• True Believer
    • AssuredPartners NL
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 09:18:51 pm »
Yes, in Epic (and TAM as far as I can remember, been a number of years since we left it), you can associate motorcycles to the auto application. The download will update the Motorcyle policy Epic without any issues.
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic Online 2017 R2 (MU3), 619 Licenses- 800+ Employees - 30+ offices

Offline Jim Jensen

• Scalliwag
    • Jensen Ford Insurance
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 11:59:53 am »
Yes, TAM functions as you remember. I have the Auto application assigned to AUTO, CYCL, Motorhome and Travel Trailer. All download fine to the ACORD auto App. I have the Dwelling application assigned to 2 or 3 different policy types as well. The only time I had to talk to a carrier about it, was when Progressive started downloaded Watercraft policies and insisted on using the Auto Application. Their coding into Auto App fields defeated my attempts to send it to Watercraft applications.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Offline Alice Mooney

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 04:43:30 pm »
Thanks guys. I'm glad it was carried forward with Epic.