History Policy Premium

Started by Jan Regnier, July 13, 2010, 03:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Regnier

Today we noticed something a little strange and not sure if we are reading it wrong or if there is an issue or if this is the way it was supposed to be:

P/L policy in history (HO policy) - Download for renewal, history policy is 09-10 term. Prem on policy under COV tab is $600.  Prem showing in the PREMIUM field on the History screen is the NEW policy premium of $653.  This appears to be only on the HO app - Auto shows prem on app and premium in the PREMIUM field in history as the same.  Looked at different companies - and they appear to be the same way on the HO policy and it isn't something recent....I can see the same on a 2005.  It looks like the last premium in the HO policy in history reflects any endorsements done between prior renewal and new renewal.  But...the primium shown on the policy does not reflect the same premium in the PREMIUM field.

Anyone have an explanation of this - is this the way it is supposed to work?  The "Premium" field on the history screen is supposed to reflect...what?    ???

Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Jim Jensen

It appears that it is indeed inserting the newly updated premium from the billing screen, rather than was the premium was for the term shown in history. I didn't experiment to see if this does the same for a manually updated policy or just downloaded policies. Logic would seem to indicate that it should show the premium that applied to the policy image attached to that history item.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jan Regnier

I sent a note to Applied - I'll post what I find out about the situation.
Jan Regnier

Jim Jensen

Quote from: Jan Regnier on July 13, 2010, 04:39:15 PM

Did you learn anything, Jan?
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jan Regnier

Quote from: Jim Jensen on July 19, 2010, 10:36:39 AM
Quote from: Jan Regnier on July 13, 2010, 04:39:15 PM

Did you learn anything, Jan?

I did...(I was on a mini-vac Thur & Fri) - This is the reply from Applied:

We are aware that until 10.4 , some policy history premiums will show incorrectly on this history tab.

"The Premiums displayed on the Policy History list for items saved to history prior to 10.4 may display incorrect premiums because of the way the premium was written."

But once you go to TAM 10.4, any policies saved to history will display properly on the history tab.

Jan Regnier

Jim Jensen

Oh good, so since they didn't previously display the history premium, basically all of it is wrong. But fixed forward. Yuck. Surely they could write a config to fix them. It's still database info, even if it's designed to not be changed.
Jim Jensen
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jim Jensen

Jan, it doens't look fixed on 10.4 either. I'm looking at a policy received just last week and it saved the current, new premium to the history listing for the expired policy. Chatted with AS, they agree - there is a PMR entered.
Jim Jensen
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jan Regnier

Quote from: Jim Jensen on July 19, 2010, 03:34:42 PM
Jan, it doens't look fixed on 10.4 either. I'm looking at a policy received just last week and it saved the current, new premium to the history listing for the expired policy. Chatted with AS, they agree - there is a PMR entered.

We just upgraded week or so ago to 10.4 and I hadn't looked to see if it really was as AS stated.
Was it just HO or HO & Auto that you looked at today?  When I looked at Auto before they seemed to be OK..it appeared to be HO.
Jan Regnier

Jim Jensen

It was a HO today and that's what Applied confirmed they had reported as well. Will have to check the comm report in the morning for autos. Today's is already filed away.
Jim Jensen
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

GeorgeW

Checked this out here today. It looks like all the downloads are saving the new premium to history. Is that what you found?
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Jan Regnier

George

Yes - that is what we found - but it seems to be HO here. Auto seemed Ok - the one's we checked anyway.  History does not reflect the premium for the policy in history.  It reflects the premium for the NEW policy downloaded. To see the premium for the history policy, you have to open the app.   I think Jim found the same issue.
Jan Regnier

Jim Jensen

I just checked closer from today's download. Indeed, HO still has the problem, Auto assigned to current policies are fine (the one pushed to history shows the correct premium), HOWEVER auto policies assigned directly to history appear to still have a problem. I had one that I assigned to history from suspense and it shows the current premium in in the history listing, which is the renewal term, not the amended prior term premium. Chatting with support about it now to have them look into the items sent directly to history.
Jim Jensen
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

GeorgeW

I checked a few this afternoon and found the Auto renewals were ok. The Homeowner renewals all show the incorrect premium in history. The BOP renewals show the incorrect premium in history.  Have reported to Applied as did you all. Have received a PMR. At first they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about..until I told them I knew other users were reporting the same problem and to please check it out!
George Watson
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

GeorgeW

Just checked a Personal Umbrella download today and the premium in history was incorrect on that also.
George Watson
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Jan Regnier

OK - So..HO, BOP, P/L Umbrella so far and AUTO if manually pushed to history are affected.  Why did AS think this was fixed on 10.4?
Jan Regnier

Jim Jensen

Quote from: Jan Regnier on July 20, 2010, 03:11:27 PM
OK - So..HO, BOP, P/L Umbrella so far and AUTO if manually pushed to history are affected.  Why did AS think this was fixed on 10.4?

Pulling our info together from Jan, Gene and I would suggest that HO is working correctly and AUTO only if updated by a new current image is working correctly. That is all. I would suggest that an auto image sent to history whether manually assigned or automatically assigned by download would function the same. I don't know about a HO automatically sent to history. Haven't had one in the last couple of days. Can't tell from the CL I received today - no apparent premium change.

Support has to call me yet to look at it - I will try to remember to mention the Umbrella, though I'd have to search to see if I have a recent enough one to check myself. Otherwise I'll refer them to Gene if they need to see something to verify.
Jim Jensen
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Gene Foraker

Not Me!   

Honestly, I haven't even checked this and am still on 9.3.

Did you mean George?
Gene Foraker CPCU
Gates-Foraker Insurance Agency
Norton, OH

My posts are a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Jan Regnier

I think he meant George...  not Gene
Jan Regnier

GeorgeW

I sent screen shots to Applied of the policy suspense list, the billings screens before I updated the suspense, the billing screens after I updated the suspense and then what the history showed.
George Watson
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Jim Jensen

Nice - I did mean George. They still haven't called, so now I won't have to mention the umbrella issue. I still need to see how other lines are affected. They only commercial policies I received since watching didn't have premium changes.
Jim Jensen
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

brinkerdana

I'll see if we get any BOPs today and check the history premium. 
Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired

brinkerdana

Just downloaded a BOP renewal and history is showing the renewal premium.  Same with the GL-S.

Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired