California FAIR Plan Property Insurance

Started by Alice Mooney, August 08, 2018, 03:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice Mooney

Hi everyone. Been away for a while, but I'm back.With a question of course.

Because of the California wild fires, our major carrier is pulling out of some areas and I've been tasked to find an alternative carrier to place our insureds. I was asked to find out specifically about California FAIR Plan Property Insurance https://www.cfpnet.com/ and I would like to know if anyone has experience with them.  I'd like to hear the good, the bad and the ugly. If anyone is writing with any other companies in these areas, I'd like to know that too.

This is not my area of expertise (the guy that did this was part of the staffing cuts last year) and I really don't know where to start. Any advice is appreciated.
Epic 2018 Online
1000+ users

Bob

We have a lot first hand experience with these fires as well as last years.  Have offices, staff and clients affected by fires in Lake and Mendocino Counties.   For weeks couldn't even get to remote offices but finally roads opened after 2 weeks.  Have to head up there next week swap out phone system, won't be a pretty drive.

Only markets writing are CFP which does basic fire.  No contents not much of anything very basic.  AEGIS is writing somewhat.  All our other carriers will not.  You could go through surplus lines agent use LLoyds too. 

Alice Mooney

Epic 2018 Online
1000+ users