Custome Dec not going to history

Started by Jim Jensen, July 16, 2018, 10:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Jensen

I have found at least 1 custom dec page policy type that will not send to history. I don't get an error, it just doesn't do anything. I've tried at least one other custom dec and it moves to history fine. I'm not sure where to even start on diagnosing why it won't go to history. Any suggestions?

Tam 2017 MU1
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jeff Zylstra

Sounds like possible data corruption of either the customer data, or the data that makes up the custom app.  Just guessing of course, but there has to be some way to check or repair integrity.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Jim Jensen

It seems to be systemic to one custom dec, regardless of client, it's for some bonds. I haven't amended it in ages, so maybe doing an edit on it might have an effect.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: Jim Jensen on July 20, 2018, 09:44:15 AM
It seems to be systemic to one custom dec, regardless of client, it's for some bonds. I haven't amended it in ages, so maybe doing an edit on it might have an effect.

It certainly can't hurt.  If it takes a complete dirt nap during the edit, that will be telling as well.  I hate it when it LOOKS like it's working, but it's really not.  At least give me an error message!

P.S.  Have you tried as a different user?  Also, have you tried as a user with Administrator privileges?  Definitely a WAG on my part, but it can't hurt, and goes with my 3 requirements for WAGs - free, fast and easy!
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop