Author Topic: Help with report please  (Read 2457 times)

Alice

Help with report please
« on: August 16, 2010, 06:34:17 pm »
There's probably a way to do this and I'm just not seeing it, or else my starting point is all wrong.

I've been asked to provide a report showing each agents TAM code, name and the sub-producer codes they have for each company.
I started at Search / Files / Producers, but I don't see where I can include the companies and the codes. Am I not seeing something or an I looking in the wrong spot? Or is this report not possible?

Thanks!!

Offline FWA

• Scalliwag
Re: Help with report please
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 11:40:28 am »
Hopefully someone knows of a standard Applied created report that gives this info.  Otherwise you'll be stuck doing interesting things with Excel or Access.  Subcodes are stored in INS.DBF and that is already used to look for the agent's (producer?) names.  So if you needed all the Hartford agents, you could find that, but you couldn't access their name in a simple search.  You would need to create another list (temp.table, Excel sheet etc) for matching the name/code with the sub code or the prod. code/subcode with the full name.  At least, that is what it looks like to me at this time.

(Referring to TAM 9.3, don't know about your version).
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 11:53:19 am by H_Manhave »
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Another day, another clay.  All that matters is the next bird.

Lance Bateman

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 12:50:52 pm »
Agree with Hans.  Two reports needed, even though you're pulling from the same data file - but it will be different criteria.  The hard part is finding something in common on both (once in Excel) to use as "keys" to match things up.

Offline FWA

• Scalliwag
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 01:26:32 pm »
Are subcodes used in ANY report?  Now I am interested and looking for it, but I don't see them functioning anywhere.  We do have them, but I don't see where or how they are being implemented.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Lance Bateman

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 01:56:44 pm »
I'm not on TAM at this time (on Vision) - but it seems I remember having to use extra criteria to pull the sub-codes.  Not positive.

Are subcodes used in ANY report?  Now I am interested and looking for it, but I don't see them functioning anywhere.  We do have them, but I don't see where or how they are being implemented.

Alice

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 03:59:49 pm »
Heather from Applied helped me with this since she said the data is buried and not accessible in the standard available reports. She did a User Defined Search and attached is the filter expression builder used to pull the data.  This produced one spreadsheet which I had to split in to two spreadsheets (one for U and one for P). I cleaned up both then combined to get what I needed.

Insurance management wanted a spreadsheet which showed each agent with his/her sub-producer code for each company to make it easier to see who was missing which company info. They did not want to waste time by looking at each agent only to find the codes are all there.

Not sure if you want to give this a try Hans just to see what it looks like. But it will save them time by knowing who needs to be updated instead of looking at each one.

Offline FWA

• Scalliwag
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 04:41:00 pm »
I knew about U & P, just cannot see where anything interesting is done with that data.  It is a feature that I never paid any attention to but when you mentioned it, I did notice that we were using it.  We use it as a cross reference (manual) lookup, but it doesn't appear to be on any reports.  So I was wondering what we could use it for, as MGA, but I cannot really think of something.

Alice

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 04:55:30 pm »
This was a one shot deal and I'll most likely never use it again. I needed to give insurance something and this is good enough.
I wanted to include the details in case someone else could use the info for maybe the same reason I needed it.
But I agree with you that it's not needed on a regular basis and doesn't benefit anyone except the person who is cleaning up the data.