Your thoughts on Ubiquiti UniFi Security Gateway - USG‑PRO‑4

Started by Ric, April 11, 2018, 08:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ric

We are looking at a new gateway/firewall device - Ubiquiti UniFi Model: USG‑PRO‑4
Your thoughts???

https://www.ubnt.com/unifi-routing/unifi-security-gateway-pro-4/

Thanx,

Ric
Ric Tucker
Manager of Information Systems
Past President, New Jersey Chapter

J A Mariano Agency
TAM 2020, 11users, Windows 2019 Server,
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit workstations
fax@vantage 9.0.5,
Acoustic guitar, drums, percussion
Chrome, Microsoft 365

Tom Fisher

Answering a question with more questions :)  What are you currently using?  What appeals to you about this product?

Ubiquity makes fine equipment, especially in the wireless arena.  If you're currently using a different brand however, I don't see enough here that excites me that would make me want to change and learn something new.
Tom Fisher
The Tech Frood
tom@techfrood.com
www.techfrood.com

Mark

I like the Ubiquity stuff.  I use their access points and have looked at their switches just because I like the access points and wireless controller.  However, I am unfamiliar with their firewalls.  Like Tom says, if you use their access points or any other gear by them, there is a benefit.

Edit: Attached is a screenshot of the controller dashboard.  If I had the firewall, there would be more data displayed.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Ric

Quote from: Tom Fisher on April 11, 2018, 08:47:56 AM
Answering a question with more questions :)  What are you currently using?  What appeals to you about this product?

Ubiquity makes fine equipment, especially in the wireless arena.  If you're currently using a different brand however, I don't see enough here that excites me that would make me want to change and learn something new.

Tom,

We are currently using a ZyXEL USG60 that is shutting down our VoIP system whenever we access the UI.  Support had no easy solutions and we felt it was time to get something new.

Thanx for your input.

Ric
Ric Tucker

J A Mariano Agency
fax@vantage 9.0.5,
Chrome, Microsoft 365

Ric

Quote from: Mark on April 11, 2018, 09:15:26 AM
I like the Ubiquity stuff.  I use their access points and have looked at their switches just because I like the access points and wireless controller.  However, I am unfamiliar with their firewalls.  Like Tom says, if you use their access points or any other gear by them, there is a benefit.

Edit: Attached is a screenshot of the controller dashboard.  If I had the firewall, there would be more data displayed.

Thanx for your thoughts Mark!
Ric Tucker

J A Mariano Agency
fax@vantage 9.0.5,
Chrome, Microsoft 365