How to attach txt messages

Started by Kenny Cruzan, February 02, 2018, 11:14:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny Cruzan

I know it has been briefly talked about in other post but is there a way to capture business txt messages and attach them in TAM or Epic?  I recently came across article by IIAT that talks about how it is agency's responsibility to have records of any txt messages with customers and how it is soon to replace many of the communications we use emails for.  I believe at last years conference it was mentioned to be a new feature of EPIC as well.  So, how do we get the text messages from phones?  I know our producers always txt customers. 

I am hoping to prepare for the text messaging through EPIC by having a form for customers to sign to opt in or out of txt messaging.  I think that is minimal thing to do.
Kenny Cruzan
GSM Insurors
Rockport, TX
TAM 2013, Fax @vantage 9
Windows 2008 server, ATS Backup
eTFile 4.6.1.0, Citrix XenDesktop,
Citrix XenApp7.6
80 users, 100 employees, 15 offices
Dell R710's with XenServer

Sherry Burrell

With the new Epic texting feature, you have to use their SMS service and use numbers provided by that, not your current phone texting capability.  The messages come through Epic, like faxes do.  They do have some routing, by searching for matching numbers in your client database.

From your current phone, you can usually forward or share to an email address.  I would then attach that email to TAM or Epic.
Sherry Burrell
Oakbridge Insurance Agency-Duluth GA
Epic 2022 Online w/CSR24, 6 users

Ian Brown

With google voice numbers, the sms txts come and go as emails.  All free btw.

Ric

we are using an app called Email Text Messages on Android phones on an ad hoc basis
Ric Tucker
Manager of Information Systems
Past President, New Jersey Chapter

J A Mariano Agency
TAM 2020, 11users, Windows 2019 Server,
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit workstations
fax@vantage 9.0.5,
Acoustic guitar, drums, percussion
Chrome, Microsoft 365

Jim Jensen

Quote from: Ian Brown on February 02, 2018, 03:07:06 PM
With google voice numbers, the sms txts come and go as emails.  All free btw.

That's an interesting option. In the past, all I have figured out to do is screen prints, then assemble the screen prints in Word to print to PDF. Terribly tedious and laborious.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Mark

Some phones, I think Samsung's, will sync your text messages with your Exchange account so they show up in your email automatically.  I have had a handful of people get confused and ask me to turn that off for them.  Some people like it for some odd reason, though.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Bob

Not helpful but perhaps the 3rd party service is..   Texting is built into our system and all controlled and documented with Nexsure servers integrated with client accounts.  We have a twilio account and phone number handles all texting/faxing.   Part of our management system not outside of it.

That said maybe some of you could integrate a twilio account with your exchange servers.  Perhaps can import the logs and details?  Has a pretty good API and makes that available.  Not that I worked with API but they make it available and help.  Nexsure set us up and it goes through them how documented.

Sherry Burrell

The texting is built into Epic also - if you choose to use it.  You must purchase a texting line, but it only goes into Epic, not to anyone's phone, probably similar to Nexsure.
Sherry Burrell
Oakbridge Insurance Agency-Duluth GA
Epic 2022 Online w/CSR24, 6 users

Bob