Vent - AS & TAM online

Started by JohnGage, June 30, 2010, 04:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnGage

Our agency is a little unique (don't we all think we are) in that we are running both a local TAM install and then TAM online for our branch locations.  Recently Applied upgraded MS Office in the TOL environment.  This upgrade has caused two problems:
1) our Exchange profiles have been trumped by a default insuremail.net profile.
2) the link between TAM and Excel has been broken - wintam.ini needs to be recreated

I had fixed about half of my user's Outlook profile when the Excel problem came to light.  Assuming I didn't miss a piece of documentation that advised of these issues I'm pretty ticked, especially considering the cost of TOL service.  The whole ASP / server farm idea was to create an environment that didn't need an in-house admin.  Someone keep me in check, are these valid gripes?
John Gage
Systems Admin
Knight Crockett Miller Insurance Group - Toledo, OH
4 locations in Ohio and Indiana

53 users TAM Online

Kevin Crow

I think you're completely justified in your frustration. Considering you're subject to the whims of AS as a TOL user, it would certainly be good customer service for them to advise you of upcoming changes in software or configuration.
Kevin Crow
Kapnick Insurance Group
@kevincrow1 on Twitter
www.linkedin.com/pub/kevin-crow/8/8b6/4bb/

brinkerdana

Could this be why we're suddenly having all our problems with Outlook?  If so, what do I need to do to fix it?

Quote from: JohnGage on June 30, 2010, 04:37:03 PM
Our agency is a little unique (don't we all think we are) in that we are running both a local TAM install and then TAM online for our branch locations.  Recently Applied upgraded MS Office in the TOL environment.  This upgrade has caused two problems:
1) our Exchange profiles have been trumped by a default insuremail.net profile.
2) the link between TAM and Excel has been broken - wintam.ini needs to be recreated

I had fixed about half of my user's Outlook profile when the Excel problem came to light.  Assuming I didn't miss a piece of documentation that advised of these issues I'm pretty ticked, especially considering the cost of TOL service.  The whole ASP / server farm idea was to create an environment that didn't need an in-house admin.  Someone keep me in check, are these valid gripes?
Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired

JohnGage

If you are using your own email server and not the insuremail addresses that come with TOL ...

In Control Panel open Mail and remove the insuremail address from your Outlook profile.  Make sure your profile is also set to "Always use this profile" and not "Prompt for profile to be used" 
John Gage
Systems Admin
Knight Crockett Miller Insurance Group - Toledo, OH
4 locations in Ohio and Indiana

53 users TAM Online

GeorgeW

We also have both, one of our divisions uses TAMOnline. However, this isn't just a problem with TAMOnline. If you upgrade to Office 2007 you will have the same issue with the link with TAM and Reports and have to fix the wintam.ini files.
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2