Selective - printing billing schedules

Started by Jan Regnier, November 20, 2017, 11:09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Regnier

Selective now has its billing program thru a 3rd party vendor.....they have removed "printing" from the site.  There is now NO print function in the billing system (per the vendor) including no Screenshot.  The recommendation is to use the "sniping" tool.  Well, this just ticks me off to no end!  Now we are supposed to "snip and then paste it and resize it and block out what we don't want the client to see....etc."

We have clients that want us to provide a copy of the payment schedule....the schedule available online ALSO shows the Commission  - ALL we want to give the client is the basic info! - Like we USED to be able to do with the stroke of a key!  I have voiced my displeasure and the reason for that displeasure to the VENDOR....will also let the company know but in the mean time....is there really only the sniping tool option to print?
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Jeff Golas

Just out of curiousity, have you tried CTRL-P in the browser to print up the print process? Snipping tool works good and is in all versions of Windows from 7 on, as well as built into the MS Office products (as far as I know) from 2013 on. For example, you can go into Outlook, start a new email, go to Insert > Screen Shot and then grab what you want from the browser window. In doing a "rectangular" screen shot vs a full Window shot, it will just capture what you draw a box around, nothing more.
Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com

Jan Regnier

Quote from: Jeff Golas on November 21, 2017, 02:20:04 PM
Just out of curiousity, have you tried CTRL-P in the browser to print up the print process? Snipping tool works good and is in all versions of Windows from 7 on, as well as built into the MS Office products (as far as I know) from 2013 on. For example, you can go into Outlook, start a new email, go to Insert > Screen Shot and then grab what you want from the browser window. In doing a "rectangular" screen shot vs a full Window shot, it will just capture what you draw a box around, nothing more.

I have used the sniping tool and put in a word doc but it has information - like commission - that we aren't interested in passing on to the client... so then I have to save as a PDF and block out info.... but the problem is WHY do I have to screw around 'making" something when they already had something ready to print! prior to using an outside vendor for their billing program..  >:(
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Bob

You can protest by not placing business with them.  I work with carriers who choose to work/partner with us, not fight us or make things difficult to do business.