Laptop/Tablet Recommendations.

Started by Charlie Charbonneau, June 30, 2017, 04:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Charbonneau

Owner wants a Surface Book per recommendations of other Owners in the business... I was all well and set to buy him one and move on, until I started reading reviews on the SB.  There are quite a few unfavorable reviews out there! 

Taking all thoughts and recommendations! 

He's looking for small form factor, bigger than a tablet, but not as big as a laptop.  With a keyboard.  Primarily for email, web, and pdf review.  Is the Surface our only option?
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

Jim Jensen

Doesn't Lenovo has an option? Is the Yoga still around?
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Billy Welsh

If that's all he's doing sure sounds ready-made for iPad or iPad Pro.  Just my $0.02.
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

Joshua Conner

I have a Lenovo X1 Yoga and it is as you describe but I use it as a laptop.  I would think it may be to much a laptop for him. It also may blow out the budget.
Joshua Conner
Conner Insurance
Tam 2014 R2
Epic online with CSR24 and Salesforce Integration
39 Employees
Former Vice President Indiana Applied User Group
Webmaster http://www.appliedusergroup.com
Blog http://mylifewithtam.blogspot.com

Mark

I'd send hm to the store to play with a Surface.  The pros/cons may balance themselves out.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

bchan

We standardized on the Surface Pro for management and sales staff and got one Surface Book for a new employee who wanted a more traditional laptop formfactor (but for hotdesking purposes, is still compatible with the Surface dock). Would have gotten a Surface Laptop if that were more readily available at the time. You might want to consider the Surface Laptop instead of the Surface Book as it's much slimmer (but lacks the ability to convert/detach into a tablet).

Mark

Just realized the original post said Surface "Book".  I thought those things did not take off that well.  I was referring to the Surface Pro.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security