CL Assistant to CSR Role

Started by dstone, April 21, 2017, 03:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dstone

Does anyone have a training plan on how to transition an Assistant to a CSR role?  Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: dstone on April 21, 2017, 03:27:06 PM
Does anyone have a training plan on how to transition an Assistant to a CSR role?  Any help would be appreciated.

Before you even start training her/him as a CSR, I would get the person licensed as an agent so that they can bind coverage.   After that, I would have them "shadow" your best CSR.  By best CSR, I don't mean the one who sells the most, but the one who documents and stays on top of their book of business.   

Then, write a job description if you don't have one already.  Then, send them to any meaningful training you can find from the carrier they will be dealing with most often.    Now is the time to train them up right.  And make sure that you audit their activities for a while and poke around in their accounts and see what they're doing.  Bad habits form quickly and are MUCH easier to correct now. 

I'm looking for a good way to audit CSR's customer accounts other than just poking around, but I'll post separately on that.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop